Zwicker & Associates PC is a national law firm that represents credit grantors within the financial services industry. The firm is experienced in Bankruptcy, Commercial Collections, Consumer Collections, and Litigation. Growing strong since 1991, Zwicker is headquartered in Andover, Massachusetts and maintains office locations throughout the United States.
Zwicker is presently seeking an Associate Attorney possessing 0 - 3 years litigation experience in a fast-paced environment to join the team in our Glendale, CA office.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with team members and outside parties
- Draft, review, and file legal pleadings, motions, discovery, etc. in furtherance of active litigation files
- Review litigation case files and pleadings to determine appropriate action
- Advocate on behalf of client’s interests at various litigation settings
- Utilize internal proprietary software to properly update and document the status of each account in the assigned inventory
- Analyze and process litigation inventory reports and litigation files, as assigned by Managing Attorney, to ensure that proper litigation work flow is being performed pursuant to the firm and client expectations
- Comply with all client and firm standard operating procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Membership in good standing with the State Bar of CA
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficient computer in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A minimum of 1 year of litigation/trial experience
- Working knowledge of civil procedure
- Collection experience
- Prior experience in high volume environment
- Be able to lift 5 lbs. or greater
- Be able to sit 90% of the work day at times
- Be able to bend at the waist and be mobile when needed
- Be able to read and comprehend position-specific documents and correspondence
- Be able to communicate in a common language with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/ or in writing
- Be able to travel occasionally when needed by the most efficient means of transportation
- Be able to operate a computer, phone and/or equivalent devices
- Be able to complete a minimum of a 40 hour flexible workweek schedule
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Zwicker & Associates, P.C. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. If you wish to seek an accommodation regarding the requirements of this position, please inform Human Resources Management.
This is a full time, full benefit position. Benefit package includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, long term disability insurance, life insurance, compensated time off, paid holidays and 401K with match.
No phone calls, No agencies, EOE, drug free workplace.