Zwicker & Associates PC is a national law firm that represents some of the largest creditors in the nation. Growing strong since 1991, Zwicker encompasses a large clientele ranging from major credit cards issuers to student loan collections.
Zwicker is presently seeking an Associate Attorney possessing 1 - 3 years litigation experience in a fast-paced environment to join the team in our Texas Office located in Dallas. The Associate Attorney will report to our Managing Attorney at the Dallas Office.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with opposing counsels, pro se parties, corporate office litigation members and courts
- Draft, review and file legal pleadings, motions, discovery, etc.
- Advocate client’s interest at hearings, motions, mediations, and arbitrations regarding lawsuits filed within this office both in person and telephonically when permitted
- Conduct trials when necessary in furtherance of protecting the interests of both the client and Zwicker & Associates
- Utilize Collection Software to properly update and document the status of each account in the inventory
- Analyze and process reports, as assigned by Managing Attorney, to ensure that proper work flow is being adhered to pursuant to the expectations of both clients and the firm
- Comply with all standard operational procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Membership in good standing with the State Bar of Texas
- A minimum of 1 year of litigation/trial experience.
- Well versed in Court Room Practice
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficient Computer Skills including extensive experience in Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook
- Excellent Oral and Written communication skills
Strongly Preferred Skills:
- Collection experience preferred
- Be able to lift 5 lbs. or greater
- Be able to sit 90% of the work day at times
- Be able to bend at the waist and be mobile when needed
- Be able to read and comprehend position-specific documents and correspondence
- Be able to communicate in a common language with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/ or in writing
- Be able to travel occasionally when needed by the most efficient means of transportation
- Be able to operate a computer, phone and/or equivalent devices
- Be able to complete a minimum of a 40 hour flexible workweek schedule including overnight and weekends
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Zwicker & Associates, P.C. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. If you wish to seek an accommodation regarding the requirements of this position, please inform Human Resources Management.
This is a full time, full benefit position. Benefit package includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, long term disability insurance, life insurance, compensated time off, paid holidays and 401K with match.
No Phone Calls, No Agencies, EOE, Drug free workplace.