Prefer high school diploma or equivalent. Up-to-date or ability to obtain Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI)/restraint certification and current first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) training certification.
Responsible for the safe and efficient transportation of school bus pupils within local, state, and/or federal guidelines and/or policies.
- Provides a welcoming, friendly, and safe environment for students.
- Assists with the safe condition and cleanliness of the bus.
- Assist in reporting discipline issues.
- Maintains student control.
- Maintains and submits appropriate reports in a timely manner.
- Reports any hazardous conditions to the appropriate personnel.
- Assists in properly and safely loading and unloading of students with the use of a variety of equipment.
- Uses proper procedures for restraining students for safe travel.
- Assists the driver in implementing behavior strategies to reinforce desired behavior
- Adjusts seating arrangement to accommodate the appropriate needs of students.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios.
- Read a variety of manuals; writes documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others.
- Understand multi-step written and oral instructions.
- Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: reporting principles; and office equipment/software.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional situations; Responds promptly to student, staff, and public needs.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Creates and maintains a positive and conducive work environment.
- Oral Communication - Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful and positive manner.
- Safety and Security - Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and maintain confidentiality of information.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet and District software.
- Knowledge of appropriate business machines and telephones.
- Monitor special system(s), not limited to, including security and fire alarm systems.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. In addition, some carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: requires sitting, walking, and standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Ten-month, employee pay and benefits in accordance with Board policy.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Part Time Employee Benefits in accordance with Board policy.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with the Board policy on evaluation of support personnel.