Salary Range$93,300 - $116,500
Associate Business Analyst
Little Rock, AR, USA
Audit / Full Time
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
The Associate Business Analyst creates and conducts risk-based assessments and related strategic oversight activities to fulfill business objectives. Conducts performance, financial, and compliance assessment projects; provides internal consulting services to management and staff; and builds risk awareness amongst staff through strategic support and training. This position presents the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and continuing to strive to push AECC and our mission forward.
- Assists business owners in identifying, evaluating, mitigating and monitoring business risks by providing input on the development of appropriate and necessary risk management processes.
- Performs risk assessment procedures, including identifying and defining issues, develops criteria, reviews and analyzes data and evidence, and documents relevant processes and procedures to assist business owners in risk-informed decision making.
- Conducts internal and external interviews with affected business personnel, reviews documents, develop and administers surveys, composes summary memos, and prepares working papers.
- Identifies, develops, and documents risk management opportunities and provides senior leadership recommendations formed with independent, sound business judgment relating to the areas being reviewed.
- Communicates, or assists in communicating, the results of assessments and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management, executive leadership and other business owners.
- Provides risk management support and training to management and staff relevant to their departments and reinforces individuals’ understanding of their own accountability for individual risks.
- Seeks feedback and makes recommendations on ways to improve the internal audit and the risk assessment functions and processes.
- The ability to handle stress, multiple projects with overlapping and demanding deadlines and work well with others are all essential functions of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field, plus at least 9 years’ related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to understand broader business issues
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of auditing procedures
- 2 Retirement Plan Options
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 9 Paid holidays
- Educational assistance
- Paid time off accrual
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.