REI Systems is looking for a Business Analyst who is enthusiastic and creative about solving challenges to join our team. In this role, you will analyze and design solutions to business problems while facilitating the development of multiple solution options to address the needs of the customer. As a BA at REI Systems, your contributions will be pivotal in supporting our government clients’ critical missions, which impact millions of lives every day.
• Elicit and understand the client’s business needs, define requirements, write user stories, and manage a product backlog and develop prototypes for the proposed solution
• Study existing business processes, programs, and/or legacy systems in their native environments and perform a comprehensive analysis of existing problems and understand the areas for improvement
• Facilitate reconciliation of differences voiced by the customer with those in the system proposal, reducing scope creep or impacts to the delivered system’s quality
• Collaborate with developers and testers by developing test scenarios based on behavior-driven development (BDD) principles
• Identify and understand customer expectations as part of the requirements gathering process and act as the primary point of contact for all communication needs during the requirements gathering phase with the customer
• Ensure that previous customer program decisions are reviewed and that new ones are recorded with the stakeholder participating to maintain program focus of extended efforts and continuity if customer or company personnel changes occur
• Prepare project documentation like meeting minutes, business process documents and other process workflow diagrams as required.
All interested applicants will be required to provide artifacts – requirements documentation from previous project(s) that may include user stories, user requirements, business process documents, UAT scenarios, etc.
Other similar professional duties may be assigned as needed
• 2-4 years of experience working with an Agile implementation team writing user stories, grooming product backlog, planning out release planning
• Experience with the full software development lifecycle of Agile IT projects
• Hands-on experience with JIRA, MS Office, especially Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint
• Relevant experience working with web-based applications and modern web technologies
• Excellent Communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
• Bachelor’s degree in business management, information systems, computer science, or other related field
• REI Systems will accept a suitable combination of education, training, and experience