Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
To prepare you for this role, you’ll attend a multi-week intensive technical training program. In addition to providing soft skills training, the Technical Enablement Academy provides training in core SAS technology areas. During the Technical Enablement Academy, key stakeholders provide guidance, coaching and expert feedback. You will also have an opportunity to achieve multiple professional SAS certifications. Upon completion of the Technical Enablement Academy, you will work as an Associate Business Operations Specialist that directly supports business operations to achieve the strategic goals of the organization. You will leverage domain and industry expertise in addition to performing research, analysis, and coordination in support of divisional activities on initiatives such as project and communication management, policy and procedure development, and strategic planning.
- Manages and/or supports the development and execution of business strategies and/or programs; aligns scope with strategic business objectives and regularly report on status to management.
- Provides leadership and direction to support development and execution of business strategies and initiatives; coordinates activities with other business units within the company; establishes operating rhythm of the business to ensure the organization is running effectively and efficiently to meet goals and objectives.
- Identifies and analyzes the business needs of the department or business unit to develop plans for continuous improvement and to help determine solutions to business problems.
- Engages in the project life cycle implementation process to facilitate and support the successful delivery (i.e., resource requests, contracts reviews, service agreements/work orders, project plans, invoices, etc.); manages operational tasks associated with project delivery.
- Investigates options, recommends courses of action and drives implementation of initiatives related to continuous improvement, streamlining operations, and service delivery readiness and capabilities.
- Defines and implements standards and best practices to foster collaboration across all areas of the organization.
- Provides resources to facilitate and enhance the value and quality of project delivery (i.e., training/learning, knowledge sharing, etc.).
- Reviews, analyzes and synthesizes policies, processes and guidance documents to facilitate understanding and usage by the business.
- Create and produce business reports and analysis on relevant areas of the organization and share them with appropriate stakeholders.
- Builds relationships with customers, internal clients, project dependencies, and stakeholder influences that characterize partnership, cooperation and trust.
- Collect and analyze standard and non-standard data related to assigned projects/programs.
- May function as lead on execution of one or more established department processes.
- Makes recommendations regarding processes and/or procedures to improve efficiency, customer service, quality and/or cost savings.
What we're looking for:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite or related applications
- Programming experience (Python, SAS, etc.)
- Ability to lead project teams and gain consensus
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving skills and the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Strong accounting, math and analytical skills
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze solutions for business operations environment
- Ability to design and support improvement processes
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Training and Development, Accounting, Computer Science or related field.
- Classroom, work or project experience researching, analyzing and/or reporting information related to specific area of assignment
- Experience programming with the SAS language
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
About JMP:JMP is a business unit of SAS that produces interactive software for desktop statistical discovery. JMP has been a part of SAS since the first version of JMP statistical discovery software was launched in 1989, bringing interactive data visualization and analysis to the desktop. SAS is the leader in business analytics software and services, and the largest independent vendor in the business intelligence market. Through innovative solutions, SAS helps customers at more than 60,000 sites improve performance and deliver value by making better decisions faster. Since 1976 SAS has been giving customers around the world THE POWER TO KNOW®.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency. Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.