About Ross Stores, Inc.
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc. Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,800 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as six state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2019 revenues of $16 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
At Ross you will find an organization that invites you to be your authentic self. As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity ….
The Associate Buyer will establish strong relationships with vendors. Will partner with buyers to ensure merchandise mix in an attempt to continually improve assortments by comp shopping not only the Market but Ross Stores. Associate Buyer will be responsible for anticipating potential problems and risks; generate ideas, insights and solutes to resolve or "head off" potential problems. Partners with all operational and analytical (Merchandise Planning, Store Planning, DC's and dd’s) divisions to achieve objectives, and proactively soliciting partnerships with colleagues on crossover vendors to increase leverage.
- Responsible for managing the OTB to ensure the availability of having liquidity for opportunistic buys
- Manages receipts in terms of balancing assortments and flexing from flow versus packaway
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility in negotiating for packaway goods to offset additional costs of storing merchandise (e.g. additional dating, vendors holding merchandise etc.).
- Understands the need to budget and release packaway merchandise in a proactive and cost effective manner.
- Conceptualizes the necessity of taking calculated risks in securing merchandise/opportunistic buys into packaway.
- Collaborates closely and builds trust among vendors/cross-functional partners to drive desired results
About this opportunity ….
- You have a minimum of 3 years prior buying experience either buying in regional-size retailer (or associate buyer in large retail chain) - required
- You have a thorough knowledge of merchandising and technical aspects of merchandising (e.g., fabric, design, silhouettes, etc.)
- You have strong negotiation skills
- You have the ability to partner and influence vendors/cross-functional partners
- You have highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- You have strong analytical and conceptual skills
- You have strong retail math skills
- You have strong analytical and PC skills, with an emphasis on spreadsheet applications
Perks and Benefits of joining our team….
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
* eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change
At Ross & dd’s we care about our Associates and the communities we serve. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture that respects, values and celebrates the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us.
Ross will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.