REPORTS TO: Team Lead, Associate Case Management
DEPARTMENT: Insurance Operations
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
WORK SCHEDULE: M-F, subject to change according to business needs
LOCATION: This position is located in Colorado Springs, CO
Covr Technologies is a leading, InsurTech venture capital-backed company, focused on using technology to simplify the buying process for life insurance and related products. As an innovator in a rapidly evolving industry, Covr is a technology-driven company that provides a simpler way for people to protect what matters most. Through partnerships with financial institutions and advisors, Covr's innovative digital platform provides the capability to research, compare and buy life insurance from top providers, fully online and within minutes. Our employees enjoy a casual dress code, flexible hours and progressive work environment. We have a strong culture based on our core values: Client First, Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration, Fun!
The Associate Case Manager (ACM) role is part multi-tasking geniuses and part influencers of action, performing critical functions throughout the insurance application to policy delivery cycle. Our operations are virtually paperless and this role does not entail cold calling/sales. As an ACM, you will regularly be in pursuit of requirements from both clients and our financial advisor partners, striving to provide the best client experience possible and getting policies across the finish line and in-force as quickly and painlessly as possible!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews application submissions for accuracy, obtains any missing information required by the carrier.
- Verifies all contracting requirements are in good order and in a timely manner.
- Coordinates paramedical exams.
- Obtains client and financial advisor signatures.
- Sets up cases in systems.
- Submits cases to carriers for underwriting.
- Pursues delivery requirements upon policy delivery.
- Stays abreast on the latest product offerings and industry developments and, in turn, educates advisors on those subjects to help create new business opportunities.
- Continuously looks for ways to expedite and improve our processes and services.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Associate’s degree preferred
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3-5yrs experience in a multitasking customer service role. Customer service experience via phone is a plus.
- Track record of success in fast-paced customer service environment
- Life insurance experience is preferred
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and ensuring accuracy
- Motivated self-starter, capable of learning and adapting to new processes and situations, regularly
- Excellent relationship building, demonstrating the ability to influence a situation to achieve the best client outcome
- Strong phone and computer skills with the ability to quickly learn proficient use of our internal systems, as well as multiple carrier platforms
- Must be comfortable with choosing priorities when presented with multiple challenges
- Positive attitude, team spirit and consistent drive to provide industry-leading service.
We offer a competitive benefits package:
- Paid Time Off (PTO): 3 weeks to start increasing with years of service
- Paid holiday’s – 10.5 days, including two 4-day weekends!
- NEW - Downtown parking subsidy
- NEW - Summer Hours Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision – 90% of monthly premium paid by Covr for all full-time employees
- HSA employer contribution of $600/yr ($150/qtr)
- Adult and child orthodontia
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with quarterly company contributions
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- NEW - Pet insurance for cats and dogs!
- 401(k) with company match at 3.5%
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance of $25,000 for all full-time employees.
- Supplemental Life and AD&D insurance up to 5x’s salary for employee up to $300,000
- Supplemental Life and AD& D plans offered for spouse up to $100,00 and dependents up to $10,000
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs): medical, dependent, parking and transit
To Submit an Application/Questions:
- Internal Applicants: Apply through Covr’s YourSource self-service portal.
- External Employees: Submit an external application by going to www.covrtech.com/careers/
- Have a question about an open position… Text your question directly to our HR department at (208) 417-8305. We check our messages frequently throughout the day and will get back to you as soon as possible.
Key words: life insurance, disability income, multi-carrier, case management, setup cases, case processing, data entry, adobe, paramedical exams, life, health, underwriting, submitting cases, detail oriented, policy, policy delivery, delivery requirements, administrative, life insurance, disability income, multi-carrier, case management, setup cases, case processing, data entry, adobe, paramedical exams, life, health, underwriting, submitting cases, detail oriented, policy, policy delivery, delivery requirements, administrative, life insurance, disability income, multi-carrier, case management, setup cases, case processing, data entry, adobe, paramedical exams, life, health, underwriting, submitting cases, detail oriented, policy, policy delivery, delivery requirements, administrative.