Position: Associate/Cashier Responsibilities
Shoppers World strives to be the best competitor in the discounted retail chain group. A family owned business since the 1950’s, Shoppers World is the place to get great value driven merchandise. It’s also a great place to work. If you like a fun, exciting, and rewarding environment, Shoppers World is the place for you.
Shoppers World has a set of values that every associate is accountable to carry out in our actions and in the decisions we make daily. As a Shoppers World Associate, you will be expected to uphold and demonstrate these values at all times.
As a store associate you are responsible to deliver outstanding customer service, by being knowledgeable on the merchandise we sell, being friendly, and making sure we are satisfying the customer’s needs.
- Maintains a high level of customer service skills - Greets Customers in a timely manner - Assist customers to determine their wants and needs - Shows the customer the merchandise - Processes sales efficiently with a friendly attitude - Thanks the customer
- Knowledgeable on general company policies and procedures that apply to the store. (example: store hours, other locations, layaway process, returns and exchanges, text promo)
- Ability to operate all register functions.
- Is diligent with register paperwork and forms by keeping things neat and organized. Maintains work space and register area.
- Has a basic overview of the merchandise that we sell. Including sale and markdown items.
- Needs to be able to answer customer questions, or knows how to find the answer.
- Helps to maintain company merchandise standards.
- Can follow directions accordingly.
- Communicates well with customers, store associates, and management.
- Works well with others.
- Performs tasks as assigned in a timely manner
- Adheres to company policies to protect company assets.
- Must be able to execute all policies and procedures regarding the fitting rooms.
Dress Code/ Professionalism
- Maintains good personal appearance; follows dress code, maintains good personal hygiene.
- Exhibits good work habits.
- Maintains a positive attitude
- Maintains good attendance/ Demonstrates promptness. Always on time
- Is reliable to compete all work and meet all deadlines
Physical Requirements of the Job
- Must stand for the duration of work shift
- Must be able to unload/lift/move multiple boxes weighing on average 35-50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend to assist customers select items merchandised on low fixtures.
- Must be able to push/pull carts with multiple cartons.
Qualifications for Associate/Cashier
Experience: Prior retail experience preferred but not required. The candidate should have at least 1 () years selling and/or cashier experience. If not, must display a willingness to learn.
Education Level: High School level or above preferred. Candidate must possess a basic proficiency in English, Math, Reading, and Computer Skills
• Must be reliable and work in a flexible schedule environment (including evenings, weekends, and holidays)
• Basic understanding of sales principals and customer service practices.
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
• Customer service focused. Has a passion for helping others.
• Can work in a fast paced team environment.
• Must be multi task oriented.