For more than 100 years, HR Green has been dedicated to providing the services that our clients need to achieve success. We collaborate across geographies and markets to provide the engineering, technical, and management solutions that connect and shape communities. Privately held and employee-owned, we are committed to the success of clients and the well-being of our employees.
Our Governmental Services staff works with local governments from across the United States as an extension of their staff, providing municipal engineering services, on-call consulting and public works staff augmentation. We are currently seeking an Associate Civil Engineer I to join our growing team in the Corona, CA area.
Are you a person with a municipal civil engineering focus or passion? Do you have exposure and experience working with local governments or agencies? If so, let’s talk! Get the conversation started by applying today.
Our highly regarded and comprehensive benefits program covers what you need: health/dental/vision insurance, 401K with company match, Paid Time Off, AND what you want: Professional Development, paid parental leave, annual paid volunteering time, work- life balance scheduling options, and fitness program reimbursements.
Under general direction, performs professional field and office engineering work related to the management, planning, design, construction, and maintenance of Capital Improvement Program (CIP), land development, traffic engineering, public works infrastructure and daily departmental operations of HR Green client communities. Confers with developers, contractors, and representatives of other agencies regarding facility and infrastructure development; administers professional services and construction contracts; administers Federal and State grant funds associated with construction projects; performs a variety of studies and prepares and presents staff reports; and performs related work as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Performs professional and technical engineering work relative to assigned area of responsibility.
· Manages and/or prepares plans and specifications for public works projects including drainage, streets, storm drains, sewer lines, and related projects; researches project design requirements; performs calculations and prepares estimates of time and material costs.
· Answers inquiries from realtors, developers, engineers, and the general public.
· Develops revised design and construction standards for public works structures and appurtenances.
· Serves as construction inspector to ensure compliance on City projects, subdivisions, and encroachments.
· Investigates field problems affecting property owners, contractors, and maintenance operations; resolves problems or refers as appropriate; coordinates or performs field work associated with infrastructure projects.
· Administers contracts; coordinates and reviews the work of outside consultants.
· Prepares legal descriptions and plat maps for right of way and easement dedications.
· Issues encroachment, and improvement permits.
· Requests and participates in the collection of survey and mapping data.
· Gathers technical data required for planning of a wide variety of civil engineering projects; prepare environmental review checklist and negative declarations for capital improvement projects; provide technical expertise to a variety of agencies including the public.
· Prepares estimates and feasibility reports for new or modified services and structures.
· Prepares engineering cost estimates based upon best available data to verify project budgets.
· Participates in the plan check, review, and processing of plans for private developments affecting City streets, sewers, drains and related public works facilities; assures compliance with appropriate codes, ordinances, rules and regulations.
· Prepares visual presentations and reports for presentation at City Council and Planning Commission meetings.
· Prepares special engineering studies and reports.
· Coordinates public works activities with other City departments, divisions and sections, and with outside agencies.
· Provides supporting documents on annual budget preparation.
· Secures grants as appropriate for agencies.
· Performs duties related to NPDES compliance for agencies as directed including administration and oversight, writing conditions, plan review and similar.
· Interfaces with other public agencies.
RELATIONSHIP TO OTHERS
Incumbents of this position are often assigned to work onsite at HR Green’s clients’ places of business. Hence, incumbents work closely with HR Green as well as with city staff and the public. Incumbents in this role consistently establish effective and courteous professional working relationships and show a willingness to help others meet critical deadlines.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
· A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Civil Engineering, a related field.
· Minimum of 4 years of professional engineering design, plan review, and project administration experience, preferably in a public agency setting, is required.
· Knowledge of principles, practices and methods of civil engineering as applied to the planning, designing and construction of streets, water, sewer and other public works facilities, structures and systems.
· Experience with engineering software applications and computers, and materials, methods, and equipment used in the construction of public works.
· Registered Professional Civil Engineer license (PE) in state of California required.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license.
HR Green, is proud to be an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.