We are growing our Privacy team! Rodan + Fields is seeking a solution-oriented attorney with experience in global privacy laws to join our legal team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing support and privacy advice to Rodan + Fields’ global business teams. Our ideal candidate will have excellent judgment in balancing legal and privacy risks with business strategy, and a proven ability to learn new areas of law while functioning independently in a demanding fast-paced environment.
- Assist and advice on the implementation and impact of global privacy laws (especially relating to US, Canada, Australia and Japan) to R+F’s business teams.
- Serve as an SME on global privacy-by-design initiatives, new technology projects, privacy impact assessments, and data protection assessments.
- Review and direct legal and regulatory aspects of internal data collection and use practices, privacy disclosures, retention and disclosure policies.
- Support cross-functional privacy initiatives and liaise with security and technology teams on security incident responses, and in the evaluation of, and response to, potential data breaches.
- Serve as a resource to contracting functions to ensure successful negotiation of data privacy related contract terms and DPAs relevant to CCPA, GDPR and other international privacy regimes.
- J.D. from a nationally accredited law school and a minimum of 2-4 years of relevant privacy counsel experience in law firms or in-house legal departments.
- Member of the California Bar (in good standing) or eligible to register as California Registered In-House Counsel.
- Proficient in global privacy laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Experience working with data privacy laws in the US, Canada, Australia, Europe, and Asia highly desired.
- Strong experience advising on issues relating to global privacy laws and their interplay with consumer facing technologies desired.
- CIPP/US and/or CIPP/E a plus
- Ability to understand and adapt to emerging technologies.
- Strong academic credentials.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter, proactive, team-player, driven, adaptable person who can, prioritize and manage multiple projects and recalibrate advice in view of shifting priorities, legal developments and risk tolerance.
Rodan + Fields was founded in 2000 by Stanford-trained dermatologists Dr. Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields with a passion for giving people the best skin of their lives — and the confidence that comes with it. With effective products, a unique business model and a powerful community of Independent Consultants, Rodan + Fields has disrupted the skincare category to become a leading skincare brand in North America. The company has grown its innovative line of products and expanded into Canada, Australia and Japan. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, R+F now employs 500+ people, has more than 300,000 enrolled Independent Consultants and over two million Preferred Customers.
At Rodan + Fields, you will be challenged to make an impact, inspired to do more, and rewarded for your contributions. We are transforming skincare, and we welcome your big ideas to fuel our ambitious growth plans! If you are looking for a life-changing career opportunity, we've got your prescription. You’ll become part of a positive, passionate movement that celebrates greatness and encourages employees to be catalysts for change. We provide a creative, vibrant workplace outfitted with all of the technology, tools and training you'll need to learn, grow and thrive! We create life-changing impact in our communities through our non-profit, Prescription for Change®, the heart of Rodan + Fields. By funding empowerment programs for students, we teach them how to use their skills to make life-changing differences in their lives and the lives of others. Join us and share your talents as we develop innovative solutions for your skin and empower entrepreneurs. In addition to working arm-in-arm with industry leaders, employees at Rodan + Fields enjoy rich benefits plans and perks.
Rodan + Fields is an equal opportunity employer that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status.
We welcome employees to be their true, authentic selves, without exception and believe individual differences add value to our team. Join our team; we know it will be a life- changing experience!
With the spread of COVID-19 globally, our Bay Area offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of phase 1 employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and new hire onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing.