Zions Bank isn't just a bank. We're part of your community, your next-door neighbor, with more than 140 years of history behind every transaction and community investment. We offer access to ATMs throughout Utah, Idaho, and eight other states. We provide financial resources, wealth management solutions, mortgage services, and more. We deliver solutions from real people — people who haven't forgotten who keeps us in business.
Zions First National Bank was founded in Salt Lake City in 1873 and continues its legacy of strength and stability as one of the oldest financial institutions in the Intermountain West. To bring value to individuals, small-to middle-market businesses, nonprofits, corporations and institutions, Zions Bank provides a wide range of traditional banking and innovative technology services. Through its network of 122 full-service financial centers across Utah, Idaho and Wyoming, the bank offers consumers a range of mortgage and home equity loan options, AmaZing Rewards® credit cards, Private and Executive Banking services, and online and mobile banking.
Dedicated to supporting economic development in the communities it serves, Zions Bank is a consistent market leader in US Small Business Administration lending and is known for its local decision making. Companies can find solutions through the bank’s range of commercial loans, international banking services and award-winning Treasury Management solutions.
Zions Bank is a division of Zions Bancorporation, N.A. (NASDAQ: ZION), one of the nation's premier financial services companies, with total assets exceeding $65 billion. Zions Bancorporation, N.A. is a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), and operates under multiple trade names in multiple states. Divisions of Zions Bancorporation, N.A. are not separate FDIC‐insured banks. The FDIC coverage extended to deposit clients is that of one insured bank.
Associate Credit Analyst - Banker Development Program, Boise, Idaho
Entry Level Position for recent college graduates and early professionals
The Banker Development Program at Zions Bank is a 12-18 month training program designed to develop the future officers and leaders of the banking industry into well-rounded banking professionals with strong analytical and relationship management skills. The program provides challenging training and career guidance that prepare participants for the various aspects of Zions Bank.
There are two phases of the Banker Development Program: The Training Phase and Rotational Phase.
The majority of the training for the Banker Development Program will take place in Boise. There will be three additional training sessions in Salt Lake City, Utah, totaling a duration of six weeks.
The training phase focuses on learning with a classroom-based approach. Topics covered during the Training Phase include introductory banking and lending concepts, financial accounting and analysis, cash flow analysis, credit analysis, risk management, as well as bank-specific administrative training.
In addition to the classroom training, Analysts participate in:
- Case studies and discussion sessions to review concepts introduced in self-study materials
Training to perform credit underwriting according to bank policy
Bank compliance and regulatory training courses
Introductions to senior leadership
Department tours to provide an overview of bank operations
The primary objective of the rotational phase is on-the-job training. The rotational system offers each Credit Analyst in-depth exposure to various divisions within the bank.
Potential business line rotation opportunities are listed below:
- Commercial Lending
- Corporate Lending
- Real Estate Banking Group
- Agricultural Lending
- Dealer Banking
- Private Banking
Participants who successfully complete the Banker Development Program can anticipate an exciting career path. Upon completion of the training and rotational phases, participants will be considered for permanent internal placement within the organization.
The Banker Development Program offers:
• Exposure to the vast career opportunities at Zions Bank
• A solid foundation in the basics of banking and credit
• A defined career path that begins with classroom training as a Credit Analyst and evolves into a sales or portfolio management role
• One-on-one working relationships with senior leaders and decision makers
• Opportunity to apply finance and accounting skills to credit and business risk analysis
• Increased knowledge and responsibilities relating to business development, relationship management, lending, and portfolio management
• Competitive salary and benefits
We are currently hiring for our next Banker Development Program class, starting in June 2020.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related subject
• Minimum overall GPA of 3.0 (include GPA in resume or cover letter)
• Completed college level coursework in Accounting
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Detail oriented, organized, analytical, and proven problem-solving abilities
• Leadership skills and community involvement
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is preferred
• Internship or prior work experience is preferred