Associate Dean of Career and Technical Education
Job Code: 1251
Department: Career and Technical Education
Division: Academic Affairs
Reports to: Dean of Career and Technical Education
Positions Supervised: Academic program faculty, students, and staff
Location: Technical Education Center (TEC)
- Identify, recommend to the Dean, orientate and evaluate faculty and staff within Career and Technical Education programs
Minimum Qualifications and/or Education
Preferred Qualifications and/or Education
- Five (5) years or more experience in an educational setting teaching, training and/or experience working directly with students
- Commitment to and ability to work with a diverse student and faculty population
- Demonstrate leadership and management skills
- Knowledge of and experience with developing and evaluating assessment strategies; student learning behaviors; student learning outcomes; program learning outcomes; and HLC compliance
40 hours per week, during regular hours of Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Must be able to work a variable schedule/hour to meet operational needs. May require evening and weekend hours.
Pay grade level: Grade 18
Compensation: $72,162 - $90,203
Employee category: Staff
Position Type: Full Time
FLSA status: Exempt
- Read the job announcement carefully noting the initial screening date, minimum qualifications, and required information. Note that information contained in your application materials will be used to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. Make sure you complete/submit all the documents listed as required.
- If the position lists a required transcript (during the application process) unofficial transcripts may be submitted. However, please note that upon selection for hire, you will be required to submit official transcripts.
- Ensure that your transcripts show that a degree was awarded or conferred if you are stating that it is your highest level of education completed. If you certify your level of education and it cannot be verified from your transcript(s), your application may not be referred to the selection committee.
- Foreign degrees are acceptable provided they have been translated and/or shown to have equivalency to a United States: Associate, Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate level degree.
- Documentation verifying completion of a degree, course work within a discipline, or other educational criteria should be electronically attached (uploaded) to your application.
- Three (3) professional references with phone number and email addresses are required.
- A college selection committee is responsible for application review and interviews. The final candidate(s) selected to be hired will be made by the hiring manager.
- Successful completion of a background check on all persons recommended for employment is required Individual hiring departments may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process.
***This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.