Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full-time Associate Dentist for our health center located in Richmond, Wayne County, Indiana. This is a great opportunity to make an impact in the lives of others.
- Obtains complete dental history and physical data on patients.
- Performs a complete dental exam and assessment and records findings
- Makes independent judgments in managing acute and long-term dental needs of patients.
- Adheres to all HIPAA rules and statutes.
- Maintains business & patient confidentiality.
- Interprets and integrates data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as needed.
- Maintains and reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information.
- Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures. Evaluates tests and examination results.
- Synthesizes data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan utilizing principles of prevention and/or treatment.
- Per licensing guidelines, administers medications and injections.
- Interviews and advises patients regarding dental maintenance and oral health.
- Refers patients as appropriate.
- Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Manages dental emergencies.
- Provides monitoring and continuity of care between clinic visits as required.
- Remains current in advanced practice changes within area, and where relevant, translates these findings into clinical practice.
- Maintains CPR certification and re-licensure requirements.
- Complies with all agency policies and procedures concerning corporate compliance including privacy of protected health information.
- Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Provides telephone consultation, follow-up phone calls and triage patient telephone calls.
- Performs related work as required and other duties as assigned by Dental Director (CDO).
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
Education: Doctorate of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctorate of Medicine in Dentistry (DMD) from an accredited Dental School.
Experience: Experience in Rural Dentistry or in a Community Health center setting preferred.
Certificate/License: Possession of an Indiana State License to Practice Dentistry, CSR and DEA certificate.
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- Merit Based Compensation Plan
- 401k with company contribution
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Professional development funds
- Paid Holidays
- Life balance oriented organization
- NHSC Designated Location for Loan Repayment
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.