Want more than just a job? Join Forever 21’s Corporate Team and showcase your skills while working with our exceptional employees!
Position: Associate Designer, Apparel / Accessories
Reports to: Manager, Apparel / Accessories Design
Direct Reports: No
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Location: 3880 N Mission Los Angeles, CA 90031
The Apparel/Accessories Associate Designer will support the Design Team in all phases of the design process by creating and revising flat sketches as directed.
- Create original flat sketches based on existing trends and mainstream designs.
- Assist Design Team with fabric, trim, and embellishment research.
- Create tech packs with detailed specifications that include garment measurements, construction details, and trim/fabric information.
- Track development samples to ensure samples are received on time.
- Spec proto samples to ensure they are up to measurement, pattern, color, and quality standards.
- Actively participate and take detailed notes in meetings.
- Organize and maintain fabric, trim, and sample libraries for easy access and reference.
- Research trends and bring in new ideas through competitive shopping, magazines, websites, and runway shows.
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Must have a Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Fashion Apparel Design.
- Must have 1-2 years of Fashion Design experience.
- Ability to sketch by hand and/or with Illustrator.
- Must be proficient in Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Excel, and Word.
- Must have strong interest in fashion design, commercial color sense, pattern merchandising ability, and general market knowledge.
- Basic garment construction knowledge required.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Must be a team player, open to taking direction, and able to work well under pressure.
Forever 21 will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance NO. 184652.