Do you love leading and pouring into a high performing development team? Do you want the opportunity to work on products that are changing millions of lives for the better? Our technology teams are growing, and we’re hiring an Associate Director of Digital Development. If you’re looking for a career with a purpose, keep reading.
Founded in 1992 by Dave Ramsey, Ramsey Solutions exists to provide biblically based, commonsense education and empowerment that give HOPE to everyone in every walk of life. Our mission to change the world isn’t easy. We experience resistance every day because what we believe is absolutely counter-cultural. We’re weird. We actually hate debt. We actually cut up our credit cards . . . like, for real. We don’t use them in our entire business. We don’t use debt. Period. Some of us are still fighting our way out of it, but we aren’t going back in. If you don’t know much about Ramsey Solutions or our founder Dave Ramsey, go watch a bunch of these videos and then come back and finish reading.
About the Team:
Out there in the industry you might find this position titled Software Development Manager or Software Engineering Manager. There are lots of things we don’t do like other companies, and job titles are one of them. This position is a first-line leadership role—it's a player/coach position leading a small team of developers (direct reports), guiding technical direction, making architectural decisions, and even writing code now and then.
Our applications serve millions of users in life-changing ways. We have over 140 developers in-house working across 15 different digital product areas, who all want to help people take control of their money and their lives. Our business leaders understand trade-offs and let their team weigh in on matters of value and effort. Many of our teams deliver to production several times a week and deliver business value from concept to product in a matter of days.
What winning looks like:
- Leading a small development team with a strong focus on business outcomes; owning day-to-day prioritization and setting direction
- Recognizing, coaching, and mentoring developers in programming, design, and architecture best practices and principles
- Conducting regular 1-2-1s with team members; supporting team members in hitting individual and team deadlines and goals by helping remove obstacles and solve problems
- Serving as a liaison and primary point of contact for cross-functional internal teams; acting as a project manager to evaluate, prioritize, develop, manage, implement, and test technology initiatives
- Participating in the hiring process, including interviewing candidates and onboarding new team members
- Having a broader impact outside your immediate team by working closely with other development leaders to constantly improve the overall developer community experience within Ramsey Solutions (a few examples: improving the onboarding process, creating opportunities for project rotation, improving documentation)
- Identifying new areas of technology opportunity beyond current organizational thinking
- Experience leading a development team in a people management and/or technical leadership capacity
- 5+ years of experience in object-oriented application development (we’re open to experience with a variety of languages, as long as you’re willing to learn our tech stack!)
- Familiarity with building applications that scale and in accordance with industry best practices; mobile experience is a plus
- Experience with Agile product development (Scrum or Kanban preferred)
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Ability to collaborate with internal teams to manage all aspects of shared solutions, including business planning, content strategy/development, website design, customer service, web analytics, and web technologies
And by the way, we’re not stuffy and corporate around here. We protect our culture and care about your work environment. Our leadership really communicates and listens! Because of that, we offer perks and benefits such as . . .
- 401(k) match on first 4%
- HSA match: $500 a year
- World-renowned speakers on a weekly basis
- Ministry time: We pay you for one full workweek so you can volunteer for your favorite charity or nonprofit
- Ongoing personal and professional development training by the best in the industry
- Core values that promote work-life balance, excellence in the ordinary, and a self-employed mentality
- Wellness reimbursement to put toward hitting the gym
- Free Costco or Sam’s Club membership
- Working with amazing people in a culture where we recognize each other’s wins and celebrate together often with monthly lunches and on-the-clock, fun activities such as our company-wide Spelling Bee, annual Battle of the Bands, and one legendary Christmas Party
It’s a calling, and we’re on a mission to change lives. Join the crusade! Apply now.
Are you an experienced tech leader that isn't ready to apply but interested in hearing more? Click here to request an informal virtual coffee meeting with one of our digital development team members!