BA/BS with a minimum of 7 years of applicable experience is required.
- Experience with digital research and analytics tools (specifics needed: information management, research data lifecycle, info. publishing and products, etc.)
- MLS / MIS or MBA degree preferred in library science, business, digital technologies or a related field, with equivalent professional experience considered.
- Self-motivated learner with ability to take initiative in an evolving and collaborative environment to produce timely, high quality results
- Demonstrated ability to drive work on multiple fronts simultaneously, in a user-centric, fast-paced, complex work environment
- Works with independence to develop clear goals and priorities, set milestones, deliver results in a timely manner, and engage key constituents across communication channels to maximize understanding, transparency, and commitment to projects.
- Adept at building and maintaining relationships to facilitate impactful digital leadership across disparate audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation communication skills, including the ability to coordinate and lead meetings with senior administrators. Proven track record in building consensus among various constituencies
- Strong understanding of digital / web / information governance.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to gather and synthesize information and interpret both quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience in the use of common office tools for information analysis, modeling, management, and presentation (ex: Microsoft Suite – Access, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, PowerPoint, Word)
- Embraces a culture of learning that supports the professional growth and development of the team
Who are you?
You are a highly skilled and seasoned leader who understands the intersection of libraries, technology, customer service, research, marketing, and brand. Bring your expertise in the digital space as a systems thinker as you drive user engagement across our digital discovery platform and information product offerings. You are a creative and collaborative thought-partner, process designer, and implementation manager. You are unafraid to take risks and are passionate about increasing awareness and content discoverability, establishing news ways in which Knowledge and Library Services (KLS) can track, measure, and govern our evolving digital library.
You will support key KLS-wide digital initiatives in several ways:
- Lead a variety of user-centric projects, helping to define goals, facilitate stakeholder involvement, conduct research, and manage implementation by leveraging our ecosystem.
- Work with the IPTS Director to continuously evolve and implement our Evolving Digital Baker strategy, responding to user needs while building engagement around KLS value and impact - locally and as a whole - as a champion of digital innovation. Work with IPTS departments to ensure implementation plans are rolled out through platforms & infrastructure, digital product mgmt. | UX, and publishing / production goals.
- Manage KLS’s digital governance board
- Working with the IPTS Director, perform competitive landscape research to identify and understand key trends in the digital library space, information governance, discovery systems, semantic search, and information products. Works with cross-KLS managers to outline future states for each of these areas as well as determine integration strategies in order to incorporate actionable projects into our KLS roadmaps.
Our expectations are that employees of HBS adhere to and represent our Community Values. They are:
- Respect for the rights, differences, and dignity of others
- Honesty and integrity in dealing with all members of the community
- Accountability for personal behavior
Many HBS employees are eligible for Flexible Work Arrangements, which may be explored during the interview process.
NOTE: Cover Letter is Required
Culture of Inclusion: The work and well-being of HBS are strengthened profoundly by the diversity of our network and our differences in background, culture, experience, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and much more.
Explore HBS Work Culture at http://www.hbs.edu/employment/ and learn about other Employment Opportunities.
Follow us on Twitter @HBSJobs
Harvard Business School will not offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.