Position Summary: As an Associate Director/Director, Bioinformatics at Boundless Bio, you will play a significant role in helping us transform exciting ecDNA discoveries into the next generation of cancer medicines. As part of a collaborative team, you will be a lead member of the bioinformatics function instrumental in supporting biology, drug development, chemistry, and diagnostics, projects through hypothesis-driven data analysis, curation and analytical tool development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Integrate with biology and diagnostic teams to ensure relevant analyses are executed and reported in a timely manner.
- Communicate with leadership team and team members on status of ongoing projects and completed analyses.
- Develop interfaces and presentations that clearly report data results to non-computational scientists and non-scientists.
- Apply statistical models to large data sets to test biological hypotheses.
- Data collation and analysis for all Boundless Bio studies (e.g., combining CRISPR data with Mass Spec data, etc). Studying patterns within and across data sets.
- Develop new and/or improved software tool for the identification of ecDNA.
- Propose or inform new laboratory studies based on results of analyses.
- Act as cross-functional point of contact between Boundless Bio scientific team(s) and external data analysis teams.
- Understanding the pitfalls and challenges of current clinical testing platforms for the assessment of ecDNA or proxy markers (e.g., CNV).
- Data mining of existing data sets for ecDNA driven tumor types, signatures, or targets.
- Perform all duties in keeping with the Company’s core values, policies and all applicable regulations.
- Advanced degree: Minimum of 5 years related industry experience; or equivalent.
- Highly collaborative with proven experience managing projects across teams/functions.
- Experience with analyzing NGS data generated typical commercial platforms (e.g., Illumina)
- Proficiency at Python, Perl, and R scripting languages.
- Proficiency at Red Hat Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X environments.
- Experience with using statistical models and analytical tools to evaluate biological hypotheses.
- Experience data-mining population/cohort data sets for correlations, signals and signatures.
- Strong written communications skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Effective presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working in a regulated (e.g., CLIA and GxP) environment.
- Experience analyzing DNA-Seq, RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq, and BS-Seq data sets.
- Experience working on a drug development project team.