Associate Director, IT Business Partner - (1900000M)
Associate Director, IT Business Partner
TESARO is an oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of patients with cancer. Our team of passionate associates develops and will commercialize safer and more effective supportive care agents and therapeutics. We take our responsibility to patients seriously. Reporting to the Director IT, G&A/Tech Operations, the Technical Operations, Business Partner will be responsible for working with the business units (including but not limited to Pharmaceutical Development, Analytical and Process Development, Commercial Manufacturing and Supply Chain , Quality Assurance and, Finance) to define short and long-term plans of business area needs (including related priorities and budgets), development of business processes and as well as drive selection, implementation and administration of related business solutions.
• Drive annual IT related business initiative road mapping associated to Technical Operations.
• Manage and prioritize a portfolio of related initiatives via the Technical Operations business partner team.
• Partner with business process owners and technology partners to elicit, analyze, translate, and document business processes and requirements into actionable user and functional requirements.
• Develop budgets, plans, and project manage implementations of appropriate solutions to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget and meet business need.
• Support overall department related IT financials budget and actuals.
• Manage Request For Proposal Process(RFP) including documenting requirements, identifying and engaging vendors, product selection processes, oversee contracting and negotiations, and manage product vendors.
• Work with external parties personnel (e.g. CMOs, 3PLs) to analyze, define and document data and information flows impacting manufacturing and supply chain.
• Work in concert with the user community to actively manage change and optimize solutions through their lifecycle.
• Support systems validation/testing to SOX, FDA, EMA and other regulatory compliance.
• Enhance solutions to insure optimum utilization of resources and regulatory compliance.
• Provide guidance and advisory services in the areas of industry best practices as well as systems and solutions to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
• Collaborate with other IT Business Partners and IT Platform Services Lead in US and International subsidiaries. Be a point of contact for escalation of IT related requests.
• ORACLE ERP (EBS or Cloud) experience supporting Technical Operations function with usage and optimization.
• Knowledge of drug development process and experience supporting Technical Operations specifically around drug product process development, manufacturing and supply chain from demand planning, supply planning, sourcing, make and delivery/distribution.
• Good understating of key business process for support functions including but not limited to Technical Operations (Manufacturing and Supply Chain), Quality, ClinOps, Finance/Procurement (Cost Accounting, Inventory Reconciliation, etc.)
• Technical knowledge of existing and emerging infrastructure and business systems offerings not limited to IaaS, PaaS, SaaS.
• Business Analysis Techniques: Requirements elicitation, facilitation, Use Cases and Activity Diagrams.
• Excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies
• Ability to adapt quickly to new business processes, technologies and changing business requirements.
• Ability to work well and collaborate with a wide range of team members: technical, business subject matter experts and stakeholders, especially under stress and with changing priorities.
• Experience in managing external vendors (SaaS, BPO) through selection, contract negotiation, implementation and ongoing maintenance/support.
• Ability to create compelling business cases with accurate cost and effort estimations.
• Knowledge of and experience with cGxP Software Validation, applicable FDA regulations.
• Familiarity with key concepts in Drug Manufacturing and Supply chain including Lot Genealogy, Serialization, Outsourced Manufacturing and WIP.
Abilities Needed for Success:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills for effectively interfacing with all levels of management and departments within the company.
• Ability to make thoughtful, integrated, timely and meaningful decisions and take corresponding actions.
• Proven ability to work with a high level of integrity, accuracy, and attention to detail
• Self-motivated, and confident. Has the desire to act with urgency and passion.
• Strong organizational skills in order to maintain a high level of productivity, innovation, and priority-setting in order to complete assignments on-time and on-budget.
• Willingness to work collaboratively by incorporating diverse perspectives and appropriately managing relationships in order to strengthen decision-making.
• Proactively seeks out and recommends process improvements.
• 10+ years industry experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science. Management information systems or related field.
• A consulting background is a plus. Experience in rapidly growing organizations is preferred
• Experience in life sciences implementing and supporting integrated cloud platforms solutions such as MRP/ERP (Oracle Fusion) and Supply Chain Management Solutions.
TESARO is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Primary Location: US-MA-Waltham
1000 Winter St