The GMA Launch Readiness Lead reports to the head of Medical Operations, and is focused on ensuring all launch-related Medical Affairs activities remain on track prior to new product/indication launches. The GMA Launch Readiness Lead coordinates all project management activities for Medical Affairs related to new launches, taking a proactive approach in terms of obtaining inputs on a regular basis from a diverse set of work streams – and at times, across multiple concurrent launches. Key Medical Affairs launch activities include scientific communications and publications, evidence generation activities, KOL and stakeholder engagement, medical education for HCPs, design and launch of patient support programs, and patient advocacy strategies.
The successful candidate will provide flawless execution and deliver dedicated PMO support that ensures success in all product launches from a Medical perspective. This candidate is a valuable partner that provides much needed leverage for GMA work stream leaders, and inspires confidence in GMA’s broader set of cross-functional launch stakeholders. In the broader context of R&D, the successful candidate will play an integral connecting role between the Medical Affairs management teams and the Global Product and Global Medicine Teams.
- Deliver full suite of PMO tools that provide adequate operational details while not being too onerous for GMA internal colleagues to support and maintain
- Design/refine and maintain project management tools and methodologies to ensure the on-time and on-budget completion of all launch activities from planning through execution
- Provide thought partnership in the planning/execution of launch preparations, including formation of a cross-functional taskforce to prepare for launch from the patient’s perspective
- Ensure overall launch readiness while providing updates/communications to senior leadership that instill confidence in all stakeholders around preparation and excellence in executio
- Develop and maintain a stakeholder readiness assessment and regular reporting dashboard to show continued progress toward core milestones leading up to launch
- Facilitate regular (typically bi-weekly) readouts to a cross-functional working team
- Coordinate regular internal GMA meetings that are well planned, agenda driven, professionally facilitated, and tracked through formal notes and action items
- Customize communications for key audiences including the senior leadership team, cross-functional working team(s), and occasionally the Board of Directors
Qualifications & Experiences:
- 5+ years of experience in project management, preferably in management consulting
- 2+ years of experience within the biopharma industry with exposure to product launches
- Demonstrated ability to implement projects of strategic importance on time and on budget
- Experience managing global projects with team members in multiple locations
- Specific experience with pharmaceutical and/or medical device new product and/or new indication launches
- Experience managing both internal resources and external contractors/vendors
- Strong interpersonal skills; fluent and able to influence others in the spoken and written word
- Foresight and judgment in making complex decisions, independently when needed
- Critical analysis and problem solving skills, with the ability to apply these skills pragmatically
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing project scopes and directions
- Ability to professionally interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
- Meeting facilitation skills (personal organization, advanced preparation, and follow-up)
- Strong command of the full Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- General facility with more advanced or customized project management platforms
- BA/AB in a business-oriented field (e.g., Business Management, Finance, Economics)
- MBA preferred, but not required
- Project Management Certifications a plus, but not required
Boston, MA, United States
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime - like a job where you have the extraordinary opportunity to change lives. At Alexion, such opportunities arise through our unwavering mission to serve patients and families affected by rare diseases. These patients are our guiding star, and we act with integrity, urgency, and discipline because we know their lives are at stake.
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing therapies. As the global leader in complement biology and inhibition for more than 20 years, Alexion has developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH), atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), and anti-acetylcholine receptor (AchR) antibody-positive generalized myasthenia gravis (gMG). Alexion also has two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare metabolic disorders, hypophosphatasia (HPP) and lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D). In addition, the company is developing two late-stage therapies, a second complement inhibitor and a copper-binding agent for Wilson disease. Alexion focuses its research efforts on novel molecules and targets in the complement cascade and its development efforts on the core therapeutic areas of hematology, nephrology, neurology, and metabolic disorders. Alexion has been named to the Forbes list of the World's Most Innovative Companies seven years in a row and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts' Innovation District. The company also has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries.
Alexion's aspiration is to be the most rewarding place to work, where people are empowered to make a difference and where diversity of backgrounds and ideas is encouraged. We are looking for talented individuals who share our passion and commitment to change the lives of patients with rare diseases. We hope you will consider joining our team. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more.