Alnylam is the world’s leading RNA interference (RNAi) company.
Founded in 2002, Alnylam was built upon a bold vision of turning scientific possibility into reality by harnessing the power of RNAi for human health as an innovative new class of medicines. We are a growing biopharmaceutical company with two approved medicines and a robust pipeline of investigational medicines focused in four strategic therapeutic areas: genetic medicines, cardio-metabolic diseases, infectious diseases, and central nervous system (CNS) and ocular diseases, including several in late-stage development.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Alnylam employs over 1,400 people in 19 countries and is rapidly growing globally, with additional offices in Norton, Mass., Maidenhead, U.K., Zug, Switzerland, Amsterdam, Netherlands, and Tokyo, Japan. Alnylam is proud to have been recognized as one of The Boston Globe’s Top Places to Work five years in a row (2015-2019), a Great Place to Work in the U.K. and Switzerland in 2020 and Science Magazine’s #1 Top Employer in 2019. Please visit www.alnylam.com for more information.
The Associate Director, Medical Communications and Publications will help shape and execute Medical Affairs strategic objectives for specific Alnylam disease areas. Through strategic alignment, the Associate Director will be responsible for planning and execution of activities such as publication planning, internal and external medical education for field medical teams, as well as conference oversight as it pertains to medical content. As part of execution of the Alnylam strategy, he/she will work closely with Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, Biometrics, Clinical Operations and Commercial functions.
The Associate Director will work close with the program team to develop a strategic long-range publication and communication plans and will be responsible for developing and implementing corresponding tactical plans to engage health care professionals and medical organizations. The Associate Director will be well-versed in clinical practice and clinical research so as to deliver cutting edge data and technical/practical education to Health Care Professionals (HCP).
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Responsible to develop & lead the Medical Communication & Publication strategy and provide ideas for generating manuscripts of scientific and clinical interests.
- Lead the development of comprehensive global publications plans to support medical strategies and responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of these plans.
- Responsible for steering successful implementation and delivery of global priorities as it pertains to publications, medical education and medical communications.
- Plan and execute global medical communications programs that support commercialization strategy.
- Provide medical oversight for scientific review and approval of communication materials and medical materials in compliance with corporate standards and government/industry regulations.
- Foster the establishment and maintenance of key external thought leaders through gaining knowledge on their insights and development of scientific/clinical engagement plans for key Alnylam disease areas.
- Represent Alnylam at medical meetings, conferences, advisory boards, outreach meetings at key institutions, and in interactions with thought leaders.
- Participate in long-range planning; develop and manage project plans, assess resource needs, and develop and implement processes and standards.
- Knowledge of GPP3, ICMJE and other application publications related industry rules and guidelines along with medical and clinical terminology knowledge
- Excellent verbal/written communication and listening skills
- Proven planning and organizational skills with experience managing multiple priorities; attention to detail and the ability to prioritize in a changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills in developing and maintaining professional relationships
- Proven ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries
- Clear alignment with Alnylam Core Values which include: Commitment to People; Innovation and Discovery; Sense of Urgency; Open Culture and Passion for Excellence
- PharmD or PhD with 4-8 years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry, or medical education company
- Prior medical affairs, medical communications, publications and/or KOL management experience preferred
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals is an EEO employer committed to an exciting, diverse, and enriching work environment.