Are you ready to lead a team andanalyze data and deliver bold, business-savvy solutions to help millions livehealthier lives? UnitedHealth Group is where some of the most innovative ideasin health care are created every day.
As the Associate Director ofActuarial Services within UHC Medicare & Retirement segment, you willwork with an elite actuarial team committed to changing health care throughoutstanding service, valuable products, measurable savings and health careplans designed to fit members' lives, year after year. You'll interact withsenior leadership inside and outside the organization with a focus on MedicarePart D, driving financial performance to achieve business objectives. Join us.There's never been a better time to do your life's best work.(sm)
The preferred locationfor this position is the Minnetonka, MN office. Telecommuters will also beconsidered.
You’llenjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you takeon some tough challenges.
- Provide design and oversight ofcomplex actuarial models specifically related to analyzing and implementingchanges that impact pricing and risk assumptions of Part D
- Lead actuarial efforts that affectnew and existing business
- Provide direction for thedevelopment of competitive analysis
- Determine the impact of variousactions on premiums and various product proposals
- Mentor and develop your elite teamof actuaries
- Oversee the development of actuarialpricing models
- Develop pricing methodologies andassumptions
- Analyze forecasts and trends
- Assist with designing and analyzing newproducts
- Identify and resolve technical,operational and organizational problems
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for yourperformance in an environment that will challenge you and give you cleardirection on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as providedevelopment for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of actuarial / health careeconomics or similar experience
- 2+ years of experience mentoringActuarial students / junior staff members
- Extensive knowledge of design andpricing concepts and methodologies in health care
- If you need to enter a work site forany reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWellmobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phonesystem) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in aUnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in commonareas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local maskingorders
- ASA (Associate of the Society ofActuaries) or FSA (Fellow of the Society of Actuaries) designation
- Experience in Medicare Advantage, PBM,and/or Part D pricing or forecasting
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segmentin health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated toserving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of alifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways toproactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 millioncustomers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop aswe work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It'stime to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealthGroup’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Groupis an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and allqualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regardto race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status,disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, maritalstatus, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates arerequired to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Part D, Actuary, ASA, FSA, Medicare, Bids, PartD Bids, Medicare Advantage, M & R, Medicare & Retirement, UHC, UnitedHealth Care, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, Telecommute,Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Remote, Work From Home, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota