LOCATION: Cermak Health Services - 2800 S. California Ave., Chicago, IL/Mental Heath Services
SHIFT: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Applicants may apply for this position online or submit a resume/ CV to the following email address: CermakRecruit@cookcountyhhs.org. When submitting a resume/CV by email, you must include the job title and posting number in the subject line of your email. An application or resume/CV must be filed for each position which interests you.
To receive Veteran Preference, appropriate discharge papers must be attached to the online application or must be included with your emailed resume/CV. Please refer to Veteran Preference document requirements listed on the bottom of this posting.
Under the direction of the Division Chief of Correctional Psychiatry, the Associate Director of Correctional Psychiatry provides administrative and clinical support to the Division Chief’s duties and responsibilities.Supervises Attending Physician-Correctional Psychiatrists and Physician Assistants, in addition to delivering limiteddirect patient care psychiatric services. Participates inarranging peer relief services across the compound when necessary.Coordinates clinical services and administrative tasks with the Division Chief of Correctional Psychiatry, Chief Correctional Psychologist, and Mental Health Director.Maintains clinical and administrative coverage when the Division Chief of Correctional Psychiatry is not available.
This position is exempt from Career Service under the CCHHS Personnel Rules.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) OR Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) from an accredited college or university, is required. (Must provide official transcripts at time of interview)
- Board certification by ABPN (American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology) is required. (Must provide proof at time of interview)
- Licensed as a Physician in the State of Illinois is required.
- Current Controlled Substance License in the State of Illinois is required. (Must provide proof at time of interview)
- Current Federal DEA licensure is required. (Must provide proof at time of interview)
- Completion of an accredited residency program in Psychiatry is required. (Must provide proof at time of interview)
·Prior management and leadership experience in a complex healthcare environment, preferred.
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteranmust:
- Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, “Are you a Military Veteran?”
- Attach a copy of theirDD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22(Notice of Separation at time of application filing.Please note:If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date.Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11).Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status.Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of avalid State ID Card or Driver’s Licensewhich identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER’S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan and Deferred Compensation Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify forthe Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS isstrictlyprohibitedfromconditioning,basingorknowinglyprejudicingoraffectinganytermoraspect ofCountyemploymentorhiringuponorbecauseofanypoliticalreasonorfactor.
COOK COUNTYHEALTHIS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.