Who we are looking for:
Wildwood Programs, Inc is seeking an Associate Director of Curriculum, Instruction and Assessments to join our growing team. This person will drive curriculum development across our learning resources and products. The role involves bringing your experience and perspectives as an educator and curriculum developer to our team to assure the quality of our existing programs and content, and guide future program development.
We are looking for a team member who will bring great enthusiasm for education, an analytical mindset, and superb attention to detail to our organization.
What are the job duties:
- Supervises and directs all aspects of the curriculum, instruction, assessments, and behavioral supports for Wildwood School
- Leads, supports, guides and provides supervision and evaluation to the Program Coordinators for Instruction ensuring consistency across all levels regarding curriculum, instruction and assessment.
- Directly supervises and evaluates the lead people in the following departments: Behavior Support, Work Based Learning, Music, Physical Education, and Art, and to ensure the integration of these disciplines into overall curriculum development, implementation and assessment.
- Leads, supports, guides and provides supervision and evaluation of the one program Level coordinating all aspects of the program.
- Supervises the Student Information System Specialist whose primary tasks are student related.
- The collaboration of behavior support and classroom teams to ensure the integrity of behavior supports and the consistency within the curriculum as appropriate.
- The process for curriculum development and mapping, as well as responsibility for the successful implementation and evaluation of quality of instruction, using the curriculum framework.
- The Individual Education Plan (IEP) process across all program levels of the school to ensure quality and to meet standards.
- Develops a systemic professional development and training program, along with the Associate Director of Operations and Clinical Services for all educational staff members.
- Collection of and use of data for academic and behavioral purposes, and the development and maintenance of data and assessment tools as needed.
- With the Director of Education, develops and evaluates educational programs to ensure compliance with state, national and school policy standards.
- Confers with teachers, families and students when needed, concerning educational and behavioral programming in school.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with college, community organizations and other schools to coordinate educational services.
- Collaborates with the Director of Education and the Associate Director for Operations and Clinical Services, serving as a resource and as a role model for the mission, vision and strategic plan of for the school.
- Serves as a member of standing and special committees that are assigned by the Director of Education, as well as a regular member to the admissions, school administration, and school and agency leadership committees.
- Assists the Director of Education with educational budgets and reports as directed.
Why you should join us:
We offer competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance, dental and vision plans, life insurance, flex sending, a comprehensive wellness program, paid time off, paid training, education tuition assistance, scholarships, employee discounts and a 403(b)-retirement plan.
That’s just a few, check out our Benefits & Perks at https://www.wildwoodprograms.org/index.php/jobs
We are passionate about helping individuals lead independent, productive and fulfilling lives. By joining our team, you will be provided a variety of opportunities in a rewarding career where it is possible to make a difference and significant impact in the lives of others. It is our goal to improve the lives of all members of the Wildwood Family.
How we make a difference:
We envision a world that embraces a fundamental respect for ALL individuals, their strengths, their uniqueness, their creativity and the infinite diversity that we each represent.
Our employees make this possible through their dedication and enthusiasm. We are on a Mission to empower and enable both children and adults with neurologically-based learning disabilities, autism, and other developmental disorders to lead independent, productive and fulfilling lives, while integrating our values of Respect, Integrity, Creativity and Holism to get it done!
- Master's degree (M.A.) or equivalent from a regionally accredited college or university; five years teaching experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer Skills:
- Word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software (Microsoft Office or Google Suite preferred), Internet software, E-mail, Database software
- Certificates and Licenses:
- New York State Certification in Special Education or related field is recommended. New York State Certification as an administrator or supervisor is required.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall direction, and supervision of the teacher and behavior support departments schoolwide. Supervises, evaluates and supports 10-15 professionals directly. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Additional Requirement:
- Daily access to an automobile is required and driving our students when the program requires it.
- A valid New York State Driver's License and ability to drive and driving record acceptable for agency insurance coverage are required.
- Required to complete, pass, and use CALM training, provided by the school, which includes de-escalation strategies and approved protective holds and movements for students.
- Commitment to schedule, assigned job duties and performance expectations
- Clean, appropriate and presentable appearance while on duty
- Subject to NYS OPWDD mandated criminal background check, finger printing and a driving record verification
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Schedules
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Merchandise Discounts