Founded in 1984, Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute is the largest independent medical oncology/hematology practice in the United States. With over 200 physicians, based in 100+ locations across Florida, we are committed to providing world-class cancer care in community-based settings close to home.
Our 3000+ team members enjoy:
Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Tuition reimbursement
- CEU hours
- 401(k) with company match
Develops Standard Operating Procedure in the cytogenetics and molecular genetics laboratories and ensures adherence to the SOPs
- Responsible for adherence to the quality management and improvement programs of the laboratory
- Ensures that technologists are qualified to perform required tasks
- Ensures that continuing education opportunities are available to technologists
- Evaluates areas in which the quality of service can be improved
- Notifies referring physician if additional testing is warranted as determined by initial chromosome, FISH, or molecular testing
- Ensures that testing systems developed for molecular genetic analyses performed in the lab provide quality laboratory services for all aspects of test performance, which include preanalytical, analytical, and post-analytical phases of testing
- Validates molecular genetic tests before implementation in the laboratory and ensures continued validity through evaluation of quality control samples
- Assists the Lab Director in reviewing all cytogenetic and molecular results prior to releasing final report
- Assists in developing the molecular genetics module for the LIS, including developing molecular report templates
Doctoral Degree in Biological Science, including Human Genetics, Biochemistry, or Clinical Laboratory Science from an accredited institution.
At least two years of training in laboratory genetics, including cytogenetics and molecular genetics.
Certification by the State of Florida Division of Health as a Clinical Laboratory Director
Certification by the American Board of Medical Genetics in Clinical Cytogenetic and Clinical Molecular Genetics or in Laboratory Genetics and Genomics (LGG).
Valid state Driver's License for travel to satellite offices and offsite meetings.
Compliance with the company Driver Safety Operations and Motor Vehicle Records Check Policy is required.