We invite you to bring your performance, ideas and innovations to an elite team within a culture built for collaboration. At UnitedHealth Group, we seek individuals who have the ability to drive change, take appropriate risks and influence individuals at all levels of the organization.
The Associate Director of Healthcare Economics within UHC Medicare & Retirement will lead a team performing critical research and investigation of key business problems through quantitative analysis of Medicare Advantage utilization and cost data. The Associate Director will proactively identify, communicate, and lead organizational dialogue related to healthcare cost / trend opportunities and risks throughout the organization. As a subject matter expert, the Associate Director will interpret and analyze clinical data from various sources and recommend best approaches to transform the healthcare industry. Join us. There's never been a better time to do your life's best work.(sm)
- Understand and interpret key drivers of health care trends (i.e. medical cost trends, utilization, etc.)
- Perform mathematical analyses and actuarial modeling that provides management with statistical findings and conclusions
- Mentor and develop an elite team of analysts; help them create unique solutions to complex problems while managing multiple project timelines
- Analyze forecasts and trends and translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences including senior leaders
- Provide management with unbiased advice and opinions in regard to medical cost strategy
- Build strong relationships within the organization including finance, network pricing, product, actuarial / underwriting, clinical, and operations
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree; preferably in Math, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Economics, or a related degree
- 5+ years of experience with data trends, affordability, financial analysis, data models, data manipulation, healthcare data analysis, and / or Medicare data analysis
- 2+ years of experience with SAS programming and / or SQL coding for large data sets
- 1+ years of direct supervisory, indirect supervisory, leadership, or mentoring experience over others preferably analytical or actuarial staff
- Advanced or higher proficiency with MS Excel (formulas, calculations, charts, graphs)
- Experience as a Healthcare Actuary and / or in identifying healthcare trends
- Experience with Medicare Advantage products
- Experience in prioritizing work on multiple complex assignments with ongoing deadlines
- Ability to approach issues from broad strategic perspective while also focusing on the details
- Ability to make recommendations, share opinion when may not be the popular opinion, be decisive, and work with recommendations that aren’t black and white
- Ability to collaborate with others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Medicare, Medicare Advantage, CMS, healthcare, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, actuary, ASA, analysis, data analysis, trend, SAS, SQL