At Lundbeck, we are tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health so every person can be their best. Headquartered in Copenhagen with a U.S. home office in Deerfield, Ill., Lundbeck is the only global biopharmaceutical company focused solely on brain diseases. Our legacy in neuroscience goes back seven decades and we have a long heritage of innovation. Lundbeck has developed and commercialized some of the world’s most widely prescribed therapies for psychiatric and neurological disorders. Today, we remain uncompromisingly committed to improving the quality of life for people impacted by brain disorders. Lundbeck is unique from other biopharmaceutical companies in that we are 70 percent owned by a research-focused foundation. We have a deep and productive pipeline, and we continue to bring forward symptomatic therapies to help people live better lives, while simultaneously pursuing disease-modifying treatments.
The Associate Director, Payer Marketing - Psychiatry, will be responsible for the development and implementation of the payer marketing strategic and tactical plan in partnership with an alliance partner for REXULTI AND ABILIFY MAINTENA, including initiatives that span across both payer and healthcare provider (HCP) customers. This individual will ensure that payer and access tactics are aligned with the overall brand strategy.
This individual will be the payer marketing lead for REXULTI AND ABILIFY MAINTENA and will coordinate the generation of insights through market research, analytics and advisory boards to drive the development of the payer and access/affordability recommendations that will be incorporated into the brand strategy. Additionally, this individual, in collaboration with alliance partner, will be responsible for providing the payer perspective to both the US and global teams for the lifecycle management (LCM) initiatives for REXULTI AND ABILIFY MAINTENA. This person will be the Lundbeck lead for the alliance partner patient support and will proactively influence strategies and tactics related to that channel.
Payer Marketing Strategy
- Leads development of market access strategy with alliance partner across both commercial and government payers for both brands ensuring that payer and access tactics, including those executed by the NAMs/RAMs, are aligned with the overall brand strategy.
- Drives brand performance by utilizing sound marketing principles, analytics, and available market research.
- Proactively considers/identifies new strategies, areas of opportunity, and tactics to challenge the team’s thinking and raise the level of brand performance.
- Identifies the need for payer market research, analytics, and payer advisory boards and can synthesize actionable business critical insights for base business and LCM opportunities.
- Establishes key performance indicators for payer tactics and monitors progress.
- Proactively influences and contributes to alliance partner patient support strategy and initiatives, including consistently providing trend reports and communicating program updates.
- Contributes to gross to net (GTN) forecasting assumptions and communicates output of GTN forecasting discussions to brand lead.
- Drives the development and execution of the value proposition and payer messaging with alliance partner for both brands.
- Ensures launch readiness of life cycle management (LCM) opportunities across both products in collaboration with the alliance and US and global LCM teams.
- Collaborates with HCP marketing and alliance partners to develop and execute access/affordability messages in promotional materials.
- Leads the financial assessment of initiatives related to payer/access tools (copay card, vouchers, etc.) by partnering closely with payer analytics team.
- Leads execution of business cases related to access opportunities to assess value to brand
- Manages the payer marketing budget, as well as oversees the vendor partners hired to assist in creating the deliverables with alliance counterparts.
- Represents promotional pieces in the review process and ensures materials are compliant.
- Coordinates efforts for the payer congresses
Cross-Functional Collaboration and Influence
- Actively contributes to the brand planning process, including market access strategy and tactical planning, in collaboration with cross functional partners and alliance.
- Represents payer marketing, all areas of market access, and government affairs on the core team in a brand operating model.
- Partners closely with payer analytics, HCP marketing, and brand leadership to monitor the progress of the various initiatives and adjusts appropriately.
- Establishes strong relationship with the alliance and influences alliance partners to ensure joint decision making that is sound and reasonable.
- Collaborates with the Lundbeck global team and the Lundbeck US LCM cross-functional partners and ensures alignment on key aspects of market access/payer marketing for the LCM opportunities.
- Drives effective implementation of promotional materials and programs by providing appropriate direction to sales training, sales, and the national and regional account managers (NAM/RAM).
- Develops cross-department support of the brand by coordinating with marketing, sales, sales training, market research, analytics, government affairs, medical affairs, and HEOR.
- Collaborates directly with brand and sales leadership, NAM/RAM team, sales training and sales teams, and other cross functional groups - ensuring alignment to the brand and payer marketing strategies.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Accredited Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of managed markets/payer marketing experience
- 10+ years of experience in Sales, Marketing, Market/Payer Analytics, or other relevant commercial or analytical experience in the pharmaceutical or related industry
- Able to create and execute managed healthcare strategies, which includes the use of pharmaceutical data sources (Symphony Health, IQVIA, Truven’s, MMIT, HSG, etc.)
- Demonstrates expertise and extensive knowledge of payer dynamics, medical and pharmacy benefit designs, and its implications for HCP and patient product adoption.
- Understanding of contracting and implications on gross-to-net/Average Sales Price (ASP)
- Proven ability to distill complex information into concise and impactful messages/presentations
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills along with an ability to influence both within and outside the organization
- Ability to work with multiple internal cross-functional teams and successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- MBA or Master’s Degree
- Experience working with alliance partners
- Experience and knowledge within psychiatry
- Experience working on life cycle management opportunities
- Willingness/Ability to travel up to 25% domestically. International travel may be required.
Lundbeck is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law, rule, or regulation. Lundbeck participates in E-Verify.
Medical Director of Psychiatry