Do you have big dreams?
Are you full of ambition?
Is an ordinary job not enough?
As one of the nation’s leading independent broker-dealers, Cambridge Investment Research Inc. continues to seek qualified and talented professionals. The combination of long-term professional development in a unique small-town community makes this a one-of-a-kind opportunity.
Reporting to the Risk Leadership, the Associate Director - Procurement will serve as the single point of contact for all procurement activities and vendor contracts.
The Associate Director - Procurement will be accountable for the following responsibilities:
• Lead Vendor Management including developing policies and procedures and ensure compliance; performing ongoing due diligence for all vendors; supporting assigned vendor relationship development programs and vendor review meetings; and monitoring vendor performance to ensure that contract terms and conditions are being met or exceeded
• Identify and implement sourcing and category management best practices and support both internal and external to objectives across related categories and/or across multiple sourcing initiatives
• Conduct and/or oversee Request for Information (RFI) / Request for Proposal (RFP) processes for all vendors of services and products, ensuring the highest level of business ethics
• Lead negotiations related to contract terms, pricing and implementation
• Assist in establishing master agreements blanket contracts and support special projects as well as complex sourcing initiatives
• Manage assigned vendors and provide oversight and governance of associated purchases; perform category spend and risk analysis; and design and implement category and supplier risk mitigation strategies
• Facilitate the resolution of systemic or recurring vendor/customer issues
• Prioritize competing needs in support of strategic sourcing initiatives and other Sourcing projects, as appropriate
• Identify and implement opportunities for cost reductions and efficiencies
• Review new vendor requests prior to engaging services
• Create a database of vendors relevant to company needs by provide periodic economic data and forward looking indicators
• Perform Dashboard analysis and presentation of marketing, price, cost and financial analysis using various reports and data, and prepare narrative synopsis for management
• Participate in periodic special project initiatives and participate on an as-needed basis to resolve emergent issues
Education: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or five or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Certificates and Licenses – FINRA Series 7 and 24 are required and must be obtained within the first year.
• Demonstrated knowledge of vendor management concepts
• Juris Doctorate (JD) a plus.
• Must be effective in communicating with all levels of the organization
• Represent the end users interests by being able to identify critical customer requirements and ensuring the procured services or products meet expectations
• Demonstrated data analysis capability
• Demonstrated negotiation skills
• Demonstrated ability to hold vendors accountable for performance
• Computer proficiency in various software; including Excel, PowerPoint, and related
• Six Sigma Certification and/or PMP Certification a plus
Why Cambridge? Cambridge Investment Research, Inc. (Cambridge) is recognized as the industry pioneer who perfected the fee-based, hybrid advisory model. The firm is an independent, privately controlled broker-dealer that supports traditional commission business, as well as the ever-growing demand from financial advisors and their clients for fee-based solutions. Cambridge is committed to its strong culture of service while delivering the flexibility, choice, and innovative solutions advisors need to successfully run their independent businesses.
At Cambridge, you control the journey by joining a growing, fast-paced company that will help you build a career beyond your expectations.
• Company Purpose – to make a difference in the lives of our advisors, their clients, and our associates
• Company Core Values – Integrity, Commitment, Flexibility, and Kindness
• Stability – join a stable privately controlled company in business for over 30 years, nationally recognized in its industry with an 18-member executive team averaging 20 years industry experience; and no reduction in workforce in over 10 years
• Location – located in a dynamic community recognized as one of the Iowa Great Places featuring abundant recreation, sustainable living, and an entrepreneurial spirit uniquely found amongst the corn fields of southeastern Iowa while being within an hour’s drive to Iowa’s Cultural Corridor, and roughly four hours of driving to Chicago, Kansas City, Minneapolis, Omaha, or St. Louis.
• Benefits include - Medical, Dental, 401(K), Short and Long term disability, Paid Holidays (including your birthday) and away time, LEED certified building, Wellness Benefit, Casual Dress Attire, Half-Mile Walking Trail, Dry Cleaning Services, Carpooling benefit, Volunteer paid time off, Onsite Massage Therapy, Financial Planning Classes