If you are looking for a career opportunity to bring and put action your exceptional skills to great use and start building thriving and rewarding career with a bio-tech firm leader - come join us!
We are dynamic, growing company that inspires our employees to be successful by providing an excellent work environment and training. As part of our growth, we are currently seeking an experienced Associate Director to be responsible for managing SEC, technical accounting, and accounting operations and reports to a wonderful and supportive manager.
The Assistant Controller g is a very hands-on leadership role responsible for the preparation of SEC filings (e.g., 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, S-8, proxy statement, etc.) and technical accounting. This position will also support the development and maintenance of company-wide accounting policies. A successful candidate needs to have deep expertise in SEC reporting requirements and technical accounting research. The candidate also needs to have the ability to work collaboratively with other functional areas, including CMC, Clinical, Project Management, FP&A, HR, Legal and other external advisors to provide guidance and leadership on policies and controls and to ensure the adequacy and accuracy of disclosures. In addition, we are looking for a candidate who is flexible and has a passion for innovation and improvement in processes and who has great attention to details, but does not lose sight of the big picture.
If you want to be part of a motivated, and successful team of winners, we definitely want to hear from you!
Please apply now!
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Lead the preparation and filing of Forms 10-Q and 10-K, including footnotes, MD&A, XBRL tagging and review
- Prepare, review and/or file other periodic SEC documents, including, but not limited to Forms S- 3, S-8, 8-K, proxy statements and Forms 3, 4 and 5
- Coordinate the completion of, and maintain supporting documentation for, all areas of external reporting as well as the preparation of GAAP and SEC checklists
- Lead and maintain SEC reporting calendar and coordinate review process with key stakeholders including the Executive Committee
- Review earnings releases, earnings scripts and investor presentations
- Respond to FASB proposals and SEC proposed rules on areas impacting the Company
- Assist with responding to SEC comment letters
- Participate in the Company’s Disclosure Committee and Audit Committee meetings
- Assist with the preparation of financial materials and other materials used in presentations to the Audit Committee, Board of Directors and Senior Management
- Assist in managing internal controls and compliance programs and support SOX compliance efforts
- Collaborate with key business partners on various business transactions and initiatives to ensure relevant accounting issues are identified, researched concluded, documented, and communicated to relevant parties formally through accounting memos and informally
- Partner with external auditors, as needed, on highly complex business transactions to ensure accounting issues are properly vetted and concluded
- Ensure all new relevant and applicable accounting guidance from the FASB and the SEC and other regulatory agencies are properly evaluated and documented. Collaborate with key business leaders to implement any applicable accounting guidance
- Develop formal Company-wide accounting policies to ensure alignment with our business and relevant accounting guidance
- Lead continuous process improvement initiatives that enhance the efficiency and accuracy of financial reporting and internal controls
- Provide oversight of equity accounting
- Assist with month-end close activities and monthly financial package
- Participate in or manage system implementation and other special projects and other accounting and finance responsibilities as required
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- Active CPA license strongly preferred; Big 4 experience preferred
- Prior experience working in clinical-stage life science company strongly preferred
- Prior experience leading both technical accounting and SEC reporting at a public company
- Hands on experience with detailed XBRL tagging
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- Experience supporting and leading annual financial audits and quarterly reviews
- Knowledge of and experience in researching and documenting accounting guidance
- Ability to clearly and concisely document and effectively communicate accounting and reporting issues
- Previous experiences with SOX compliance a plus
- Ability to multi-task competing and deadline sensitive priorities and proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- Effective time management, organization and prioritization skills in managing multiple projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Equity Edge and NetSuite preferred
RSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
88,956.00 - 131,294.00 /yearWhat is this?
Director of Government Affairs
Director of Government Affairs