Class A CDL Associate Driver is a driver with less than one year of current Class A CDL driving experience. Martin-Brower will hire individuals with less than one year of experience and enter them into our Associate Driver training program. Driver Associates will perform driver duties that will allow them to gain the necessary experience to qualify for a Professional Driver position with Martin-Brower after successfully completing the program.
General Requirements to Enter and Complete Entry Level Driver Training
- Must have valid commercial driver’s license or learner permit to operate a CMV and agree to satisfactorily complete the Company Entry Level Driver Training program outlined herein.
- A Driver Qualification file shall be complete and on file before the Driver is allowed to operate any Company vehicle. A copy of a CDL or a Road Test Certificate from another employer will not be accepted in lieu of a Company road test.
- Must comply with Federal and state regulations and Company policies.
Shall consistently and successfully perform all duties of a Company Driver during the 180 day program before entry to the Permanent Driver force.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Delivering products to our customer utilizing various methodologies that may include manual conveyors, carts or pallets in a multi-temperature environment
- Effectively maneuver equipment on lots with obstacles and limited space
- Provide exceptional customer service to each customer
- Accurately complete necessary paperwork
- Utilize on-board computer program (XATA)
- Understand and abide by all Company policies, government regulations, and safe work processes at all times
- Any other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- 21 years of age
- Valid Class A CDL
- Acceptable MVR
- Less than 1 year of commercial or equivalent military driving experience
- Agree to satisfactorily complete the company’s entry level Driver Training program
- Willing to work any schedule, including weekends, due to our 24/7 environment
- Customer-focused, team-player attitude
- Demonstrated safety behavior
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Prior foodservice distribution/delivery experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.