COVID-19 Precaution: Virtual Interviews
Our commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. Because the health of our employees and candidates is a top priority, we will be conducting our hiring process virtually and conducting interviews via phone or video until further notice. We will provide candidates selected for interviews with all the required instructions. Thank you for your interest in Sargent & Lundy.
Sargent & Lundy provides comprehensive consulting, engineering, design, and analysis for electric power generation and power delivery projects worldwide. With a highly experienced staff solely dedicated to the energy business, we have the ability and know-how to take on the smallest tasks as well as the largest projects.
- As an Electrical Engineer in Power Delivery, this position will offer you the opportunity to utilize and expand your academic background in Electrical Engineering.
- You will work on project teams with other electrical engineers involved in the design of new high voltage and extra-high voltage substations and transmission systems.
- As an Electrical Engineer, you will be involved in power distribution designs and the preparation of specifications for the procurement of major electrical power equipment and related installation services.
- There is the potential for you to travel to client and vendor offices for design reviews and to site locations for construction coordination and field verification of designs.
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- This position requires a BSEE or MSEE from an ABET-accredited engineering program with a strong academic background and coursework in electrical power concepts/AC power systems analysis.
- Three or more years experience in substation engineering or related field.
- An understanding of the practical application of electrical engineering and technology including applying systems, principles, techniques, and procedures to a project design.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam, and designation as an Engineer in Training.
- Related engineering internship or co-op work experience.
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.