Aerojet Rocketdyne is an innovative company delivering solutions that create value for its customers in the aerospace and defense markets. The company is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader that provides propulsion and energetics to the space, missile defense and strategic systems, tactical systems and armaments areas, in support of domestic and international markets. Additional information about Aerojet Rocketdyne can be obtained by visiting our websites at www.Rocket.com and www.AerojetRocketdyne.com.
Aerojet Rocketdyne is seeking a Statistician to work at our Canoga Park, CA (Los Angeles Area) location. This position will entail statistical analysis work related to a diverse product line.
The Statistician will work with other statisticians, engineers, and managers to provide statistics knowledge for diverse engineering, operations, and business applications at Aerojet Rocketdyne.
This position may be filled at the level posted or at the next higher level.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
Working under general supervision:
80% - Statistical Consulting and Analysis:
- Work with cross-functional teams and subject-matter experts to support development and production processes.
- Utilize appropriate statistical data analysis, predictive modeling, and simulation tools to assist technical decision making and anomaly resolution, including Bayesian methods.
- Support development and implementation of statistical quality control methods for application to operations.
- Provide sampling recommendations, develop experimental designs and conduct analysis to support engineering product development and enterprise process improvement activities.
- Provide statistical knowledge in support of reliability and risk assessment activities and business decision analysis.
15% - Discipline Advancement:
- Work with cross-functional teams and subject-matter experts on solutions to large, complex technical and project management problems.
- Research potential applications of advanced statistical methods.
- Develop new applications of existing statistical tools and techniques to apply to key focus areas.
- Support implementation of developed solutions.
- Develop and update relevant procedures and standard work in the area of statistical analysis methods.
- Support Discipline initiatives.
5% - Statistical Training and Education:
- Create and improve statistical training materials and deliver training sessions directed to engineering and production applications of statistical methods.
Requires a Master's degree in Statistics or related discipline (or an equivalent combination of education and experience). Some work experience or internship experience in related field preferred.
Requires U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency or other status as a U.S. Person. Must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit or stand and maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 pounds; may require occasional walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.