Associate Engineer – Checkout POS
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
The Associate Engineer will report to Sr. Manager – Checkout POS and will be part of the team that is responsible for the Point of Sale application development. This position will be responsible for implementing new project related features in the company’s standard and mobile POS platforms in addition to other applications operating within the store environment. This position will be working in a fast-paced Agile software development environment with multiple short delivery cycles.
- Develop and maintain mission critical applications in JCP’s stores including Point of Sale classic and mobile applications.
- Support testing processes, work with team members to resolve issues, and assure high quality code by always maintaining an operations mindset
- Define and document technical design and architecture and ensure alignment with enterprise standards
- Define and implement software using established design patterns, industry best practices and enterprise standards
- Perform on call duties on rotation with other developers when required
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Application development experience using .NET 4.0 and higher, C#, ASP.NET/MVC
- SQL Server experience using include schema design, stored procedures, and ad-hoc queries. Experience with large volumes of data preferred.
- Proficient use of testing frameworks such as MSTest or NUnit and mocking frameworks
- Proficient in integrating with modern source control frameworks such as Git.
- Passion for object oriented programming methodologies / enterprise application design patterns
- Automated build and continuous integration experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to explain complex ideas to others with varying levels of expertise
- Experience working as part of an Agile/Scrum team in coordination with multiple scrum teams in an onshore/offshore model preferred.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, pharmacy, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.