The Lane Construction Corporation is a leading U.S. construction company specializing in the transportation, infrastructure and energy industries. Lane’s unique combination of capabilities includes public-private partnerships/innovative financing and joint ventures; large, complex design-build and bid-build projects; and the ability to produce and install asphalt, aggregates and concrete.
The Associate Engineer handles both office and field responsibilities to meet the project requirements, including implementation of scheduled work and tracking data.
Position locations include New York, Virginia, Maryland, D.C., North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Nevada, and California.
Including but not limited to:
- Assist in the scheduling and planning of project activities
- Ensure those in the field have the most current information and coordinate assistance
- Prepare cost and time estimates to help in arriving at tentative project budgets
- Submittals, quantities/procurement, and general scheduling at the job site
- Site visits and investigations as needed
- Resolve onsite conflicts between design plans and onsite conditions, clarify contract documents as potential complications arise
- Assisting Job Engineer and Superintendent
- Liaison to Field Supervisor
- Track job quantities and costs during work activities
- Coordinate with third party utility providers to ensure all utilities are identified and located prior to work
- Ensure all safety & environmental codes, standards, and acceptable practices are adhered to at all times
- Carry out job duties while maintaining Lane values
- And other duties as assigned
- BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- 0-2 years of engineer experience in heavy/highway construction
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Experience with engineering design software such as AutoCAD, Microstation, and Terramodel is preferred
- Experience with P6 scheduling software is preferred
Lane Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.