Houlihan Lokey (NYSE: HLI) is a global investment bank with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financial restructuring, valuation, and strategic consulting. The firm serves corporations, institutions, and governments worldwide with offices in the United States, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. Independent advice and intellectual rigor are hallmarks of our commitment to client success across our advisory services. Houlihan Lokey is ranked as the No. 1 M&A advisor for all U.S. transactions, the No. 1 global restructuring advisor, and the No. 1 global M&A fairness opinion advisor over the past 20 years, according to Thomson Reuters.
As the No. 1 global M&A fairness opinion advisor over the past 20 years, Houlihan Lokey enjoys industry-leading credibility in transaction opinions. Our dedicated Transaction Opinions group delivers fairness, solvency and valuation advisory services across a variety of situations including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures/spin-offs, recapitalizations, restructurings and activist shareholder situations. We provide advice to boards of directors, special committees and other constituents in valuing complex businesses and securities, understanding critical transaction issues, considering alternatives and rendering transaction opinions.
We are looking for an Associate to be part of a dedicated team that focuses on complex analytics, financial models and valuation – and works hand-in-hand with other teams within our firm (i.e. M&A, industry groups, etc.) to deliver investment banking services to clients. Our Associates also work on stand-alone fairness, solvency and transaction-based valuation opinions. Associates support engagements and new business development by:
- Analyzing and explaining historical and projected financial information;
- Performing business and financial due diligence;
- Valuing companies, businesses and securities;
- Building complex financial models (e.g., to support negotiating/advocacy positions, assess cash flows of a company and/or value specific securities);
- Preparing board/special committee presentations supporting advice and opinions;
- Helping pitch engagements and participating in business development initiatives; and
- Building relationships and maintaining direct contact with current and prospective clients.
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualities and background:
Prior investment banking, valuation or related experience
Advanced accounting, finance, financial modeling and analytical abilities
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Experience managing analysts or other personnel
Be an independent thinker and resourceful problem solver driven to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Have a very strong work ethic, organizational skills and ability to multi-task
Additional consideration will be given to candidates who possess:
An undergraduate degree with academic distinction and/or a graduate degree;
At least three years of experience in financial services with at least one year of investment banking, valuation or related experience;
A demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V