Over the past 40 years, Houlihan Lokey has established one of the largest worldwide Financial and Valuation Advisory practices. Our transaction expertise and leadership in the field of valuation inspire confidence in the financial executives, boards of directors, special committees, retained counsel, investors, and business owners we serve. In 2018, Thomson Reuters ranked us the No. 1 U.S. M&A fairness opinion advisor over the past 20 years.
Our stability, integrity, technical leadership, and global capabilities make us a trusted advisor for clients worldwide, across a wide range of services, including Transaction Opinions, Transaction Advisory Services, Corporate Valuation Advisory Services, Portfolio Valuation & Fund Advisory Services, Real Estate Valuation and Advisory Services, Dispute Resolution Consulting, and Tech+IP Advisory.
Our Transaction Advisory Service, Accounting and Financial Reporting (TAS/AFR) practice is looking to add talented financial professionals at the Associate level to our fast growing team.
- Team with a highly talented and dedicated group of M&A and Advisory professionals, providing you broad exposure to different transactional and technical issues affecting businesses within the M&A and capital markets today.
- We offer a unique opportunity to work in a variety of industries on an investment banking platform, providing exposure to the broader corporate finance industry and capital markets.
- You will develop and extend your financial and interpersonal skills as you partner with management finance teams and sponsors to advance their accounting and financial reporting objectives resulting from transaction driven events.
We team closely with our corporate finance and restructuring colleagues across all our industry platforms, on a variety of projects and accounts.
- Participate in buy-side, sell-side, restructuring and capital raising transaction advisory engagements
- Draft and review analyses and findings for delivering unbiased advice to management for their records or inclusion in transaction advisory reports specific to key technical issues
- Develop and review financial models
- Research technical guidance and market practices around accounting and financial reporting issues
- Review transaction agreements, customer and supplier contracts
- Support discussions with senior client executives and management
- Support diligence projects through fieldwork, management meetings and desktop reviews
- Communicate potential external audit risks and considerations when applying technical accounting guidance and structuring
- Extend industry skills and qualifications
- Develop professional network and relationships with firm, client and target professionals
- Collaborate closely with corporate finance, valuation and financial restructuring colleagues
- Supervise team members through training, coaching and critical review
May have some of the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in an accounting is required from an accredited college/university
- CPA certification is required
- Minimum of 5 years of Transaction Services experience or 2 years of external audit experience and at least 3years of Transaction Services experience with a Big 4 or national firm, providing accounting and financial reporting advisory services and other transaction-related service
- Highly motivated with an exceptional work ethic, and have a demonstrated ability and desire to work cooperatively with team members and client professionals; demonstrated professional achievement and client service excellence
- Demonstrated understanding and application of capital markets and valuation concepts
- Strong current knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles including SEC reporting, purchase accounting and transaction related issues
- Strong analytical abilities
- Must have the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and common database systems. Experience with data analytics tools (Alteryx, Tableau, etc.) preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel (20-40%)
- Working knowledge of financial reporting packages (Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards, etc.) is helpful
- Exposure to data analytics tools is preferred
Houlihan Lokey (NYSE: HLI) is a global investment bank with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, valuation, financial restructuring, and strategic consulting. The firm serves corporations, institutions, and governments worldwide with offices in the United States, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. Independent advice and intellectual rigor are hallmarks of our commitment to client success across our advisory services. Houlihan Lokey is ranked as the No. 1 M&A advisor for all U.S. transactions, the No. 1 global M&A fairness opinion advisor over the past 15 years, and the No. 1 global restructuring advisor, according to Thomson Reuters. For more information, please visit www.HL.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V