Position will support the generation and development of new food products, line extensions and reformulation from bench top through manufacturing scale up. They prepare experimental formulas, evaluate products, document experimental work and coordinate the shipment of samples within company guidelines and regulatory standards.
- Must have ability to assemble recipes per written directions. May include but not limited to:
- Reporting results and providing advice to supervisor and appropriate departments within in the company during the product development process.
- With direction evaluates new ingredient statements, cooking instructions and serving suggestions.
- Accurately maintaining new, existing and inactive recipes.
- Maintains proper documentation of incoming and outgoing samples.
- Supports Technical Services Management during presentations to Sales, Marketing and Customers.
- Supports Technical Services Management during the commercialization phase with documentation, data collection, observations and communication.
- Order and pick up ingredients from the plant, distribution center, and/or store
- Set up for customer presentations as well as clean up
- Inventory, track and organize incoming and outgoing packages
- Maintain cleanliness of kitchen and storage areas according to SOPs and GMPs
- Adheres to quality, R&D procedures, GMP, and safety standards.
- Promote a positive team oriented attitude.
- Perform all other work as required.
- BS in Food Science, Nutrition or other Life Sciences
- Frozen Food plant experience is a plus but not a requirement for the position.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must have basic computer skills and ability to learn Excel, Product Vision and other network programs
- Needs to be a self-starter, goal-oriented, focused and flexible
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be willing to taste food products including food animal products.