Ubisoft is composed of over 17,000 talented people located in 40 development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Ubisofts worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, Tom Clancy's The Division, For Honor, Rabbids, Rayman, Watch Dogs, Far Cry, The Crew, Just Dance and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing studio in San Francisco.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.
When youre a Gameplay Engineerat Ubisoft San Francisco, you have direct influence over the game content and the quality of the game experience. Youll work with the lead gameplay engineer to implement gameplay features and game content. You will collaborate with the games design team to create fun experiences for our players.
During the games development youll focus on building the core features that our players will interact with: character abilities, world events, game modes, etc. Youll be working to make sure that the game is as fun and accessible as possible, while ensuring that the features are sustainable and extensible.
As a dependable member of a cohesive online game team, you will participate in the design, coding, testing, integration, and debugging of the games features. You care about providing our players with the seamless online playground they deserve.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with the lead engineer to develop gameplay features and systems
- Collaborate with the design team to ensure features match expectations
- Maintain and extend documentation on gameplay-oriented features and systems
- Self-manage programming task schedule updates and coordinate with production team
- Work with design team to ensure that gameplay systems are used properly
- Document systems and procedures
- Support the features you create leading up to and after the games release
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related area
- C/C development and optimization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 1-2 years of experience programming
- Experience working in groups
- Ability to collaborate with designers and artists
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Fitness, physical, and esports challenge reimbursements
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after fiveyears of employment
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status and willbe kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.