Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated and experienced team player to serve as Associate General Counsel, Competition Compliance on Facebook’s Compliance team. This position will play a key role in supporting Facebook's compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and in building, maintaining, and improving the compliance programs necessary to do so. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
1. Assist in the design and implementation of company-wide competition compliance programs and initiatives.
2. Advise on legal and regulatory compliance matters across the company, focusing primarily on competition law.
3. Develop and communicate compliance policies, processes and training.
4. Manage and conduct internal compliance investigations and risk assessments.
5. Actively collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as Product, Public Policy, Communications, and Human Resources to coordinate compliance programs and initiatives.
6. Undertake special projects and support other compliance program initiatives.
7. J.D. degree and membership in at least one state bar
8. 8+ years of experience as a practicing attorney
9. Law firm and in-house legal experience preferred
10. In-house experience preferred
11. Work experience at an internet or technology company preferred
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.