Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks an experienced, highly motivated attorney with privacy experience to serve as an Associate General Counsel on the Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR) marketing legal team supporting Oculus Quest line of products, Portal and other Facebook AR/VR technologies. In this role, you will review products, features and initiatives to help ensure legal compliance with advertising laws, consumer protection laws, privacy laws and regulations, and other legal requirements across multiple jurisdictions. The ideal candidate will provide front line legal support as a self-starter with strong communication, drafting and negotiation skills working collaboratively with legal colleagues and business partners across the organization.
1. Coordinate with legal, public policy and communications colleagues on multi-disciplinary issues
2. Advise on sales activities, retail relationships, marketing strategies, go-to-market plans and campaigns, partner and co-marketing programs, product launch readiness, sponsorships, social media marketing, online sales and lead-generation activities, comparative advertising and PR matters
3. Understanding of privacy laws as well as strong collaboration with global legal colleagues in the U.S. and other countries
4. J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least one US state bar
5. 8+ years of experience working with internal engineering, product design, security, or marketing teams throughout the product development life cycle advising on regulatory requirements, and how to communicate or mitigate privacy and security risks for new technologies
6. Extensive understanding and experience counseling business partners on domestic and international privacy laws, regulations, and best practices for implementing and ensuring ongoing compliance with global privacy laws and policies, including: General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) & California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
7. Experience reviewing marketing materials and other communications
8. Experience drafting and/or revising internal and external-facing privacy policies and program documents
9. Experience creating and providing relevant training and ongoing awareness to legal team colleagues and internal clients
10. Strategic thinker with proven legal and business judgment
11. Experience translating legal advice into actionable guidance for innovative product and business teams
12. Experience in organizing, prioritizing, and managing projects effectively
13. Sound and practical business judgment, intellectual creativity, and problem-solving skills
14. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) experience
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.