Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated and experienced team player to serve as Associate General Counsel, Compliance Programs - New Legal Obligations on Facebook’s Compliance team. This position will play a key role in supporting Facebook's compliance with new legal and regulatory requirements and in building, maintaining, and improving the compliance programs necessary to do so. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing legal team; to support our platforms, products and services that bring the world closer together and build community; and to work on novel legal and regulatory issues at the forefront of technology in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
1. Serve as primary legal advisor to the global program to intake, assess, and monitor new legal obligations relevant to Facebook’s business operations, platforms, products and services arising from contracts, settlements, laws, regulations, among other sources.
2. Advise on and help drive adoption of compliance requirements that effectively manage new legal risks and embed compliance in the company’s internal controls, as well as in its platform, product and services designs.
3. Lead executive and regional engagements on new legal obligations to ensure awareness, assess the impact and risks of new legal obligations, and provide and receive feedback.
4. Collaborate with compliance and risk subject matter experts to develop common guidance on new legal obligations and drive business stakeholders to implement solutions.
5. Enhance and scale the policies, processes, and tools that translate new legal obligations into internal controls and product implementation requirements.
6. Provide legal advice on monitoring and testing compliance with new legal obligations.
7. Collaborate to develop data-driven strategies that risk prioritize new legal obligations and deliver trend analyses and insights that improve the compliance program and internal controls.
8. Undertake special projects and support other compliance program initiatives, as needed.
9. J.D. degree and membership in at least one U.S. state bar.
10. 8+ years of practicing attorney experience, with 2+ years in a compliance-related practice.
11. Experience providing programmatic legal guidance across a wide variety of legal issues to business stakeholders including competition, intellectual property ownership and rights, warranties and other contractual obligations, employment law, privacy, anti-bribery and anti-corruption, tax, trade, e-commerce, among others. Subject matter expertise in each area not required.
12. Experience delivering practical advice under pressure and experience operating within ambiguity and prioritizing work.
13. Interpersonal experience and experience collaborating with teams to solve problems, including skills leading projects or programs that rely on – and bring together - multiple teams.
14. In-house experience at internet, technology, or telecommunications companies.
15. Experience with program and project management, including working closely with – and providing legal advice to - functions that deliver program and project management for compliance initiatives.
16. Experience and comfort working with data, including to measure program performance and effectiveness, inform priorities and deliver insights to stakeholders.
17. Experience working with - or in support of - diverse communities.
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.