Assistant General Counsel-Global Procurement
Location: Roswell, Georgia
Our Assistant General Counsel – Global Procurement will lead legal efforts in our historic transformation to drive best in class legal support for our Global and Regional Procurement teams. This is a great opportunity to take a key leadership role to shape our global contract lifecycle program and business strategy.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Spearhead the transformation of K-C’s legal support for its Global and Regional Procurement teams to drive best in class legal support with transformational global processes, governance principles and support structure
- Lead and manage the contract strategy process through the entire contract lifecycle from negotiation to compliance and resolution
- Trusted business partner to leaders of Global Procurement and Regional Procurement teams to support their ambitious strategic initiatives by driving business partnership and smart risk solutions
- Partnering cross-functionally throughout the world with stakeholders in business and legal teams to drive global contract excellence and compliance.
- Evolve our culture to meet our expectations for a global contract lifecycle program
- Support any dispute resolution efforts related to all procurement transactions
- Vice President – Global Procurement and team members of the Global Procurement Leadership team
- Regional Procurement Directors and leadership team members
- Vice President & Deputy General Counsel – K-C Professional and Global Supply Chain as well as team members in the Procurement Legal CoE
- The general counsels and their teams for the various global business units of K-C
- Minimum 9 years experience, ideally within an international company or law firm
- Deep knowledge of contract, antitrust commercial and anticorruption law and regulatory, compliance issues
- In depth transformational and leadership experience, gained preferably with an international company
- Excellent leadership skills, ability to inspire, motivate and coach diverse teams
- Strong decision-making capabilities with a proven ability to weigh relative benefits and costs of potential options
- Highly motivated with an ability to achieve both open-ended challenges and strictly-defined tasks
- Keen business acumen coupled with a smart risk, resolution-oriented approach
- A team-oriented mentality with the proven ability to work effective with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.