Location: Irving, TX or New York, NY
Provides legal advice and recommendations for action to executives and management regarding matters of complexity and deals directly with more routine legal matters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Prepares and examines contracts involving leases, licenses, purchases, sales, insurance, real estate, subscriber services, professional services, etc.
* Researches and analyzes law sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, treaties, constitutions, and legal codes in order to advise and guide company management in its course of action
* Reviews consumer facing correspondence, advertising, and other communications for compliance with laws and recommends revisions as needed.
* Coordinates, consults with and manages outside counsel on an as needed basis
* Investigates facts and gathers evidence and other case related information using multiple sources and methods.
* Provides guidance to paralegal and support staff in addressing legal matters
* May coordinate intellectual property matters with inventors and outside counsel.
* Reviews and recommends modifications to company standard contract forms to ensure consistency and currency across all business units.
* All other company, legal and regulatory support duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Juris Doctor or equivalent post graduate degree from an accredited law school.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: Licensed to practice law in the state in which the position is located, or in a jurisdiction that enables him/her to practice as in house counsel in the assigned work location.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years post-bar legal experience, with significant prior business experience preferred.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Responsible for identifying legal risks for the company and protecting against them.
* Ability to deliver accurate and effective legal documents.
* Exercises extreme discretion in the handling of highly sensitive and confidential information, and otherwise performs duties in compliance with legal ethics rules.
* Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
* Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
* Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
* Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Intermediate word processing and document management capabilities, including demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (see below), document comparison applications, document management systems, and company communication and collaboration applications (e.g., Jabber, WebEx, Zoom, Slack, Confluence), along with a proven ability to quickly adapt to relevant new technology and tools.
* Thorough knowledge of MS applications including Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, One Note), Outlook and SharePoint.
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled