Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated, team player to serve as Associate General Counsel on the Litigation team. This full-time position will work cross-functionally with a wide variety of teams across the company. The role requires good judgment, a strong work ethic, excellent communication and relationship-building skills, and a strong interest in learning about new technologies and areas of the law. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and work on cutting edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
1. Manage and drive strategy for a variety of high-profile litigation matters, including consumer class actions, commercial and user disputes, and other content-related matters
2. Collaborate with and manage outside counsel
3. Advise cross-functional teams on litigation strategy and risks
4. Coordinate and actively participate in internal discovery activities
5. Develop creative approaches to managing legal risks and resolving disputes
6. Demonstrating flexibility and working on projects in other areas
7. J.D. degree and membership in at least one state bar
8. 8+ years of litigation experience from a law firm, government, and/or in-house
9. Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
10. Trial and appellate experience
11. Experience working with technology companies
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.