Location: New York, NY
We are seeking a highly motivated attorney to join the Sirius XM and Pandora legal departments to work on cutting edge marketing issues. This position will be based in New York City and will provide legal subject matter expertise on a wide range of marketing, consumer and privacy law matters. This role requires 7+ years of direct experience with a focus on complex marketing and consumer law matters within a subscription based company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This attorney will be the primary counsel for Sirius XM and Pandora's marketing and promotions department.
The specific responsibilities will include:
* The review of advertising materials and claims
* Charitable solicitation promotions
* Children's advertising, marketing and privacy related issues
* Credit card rules, regulations and EFT regulations
* Deceptive Trade Practices and FTC issues
* Direct marketing
* E-commerce marketing
* E-mail promotions
* Event marketing and promotions
* Loyalty programs
* Legislation monitoring
* Rebate programs, materials and policies
* Regulatory compliance and monitoring
* Review of press releases and public relations pieces
* Social media issues, including advertising, promotion and influencer limitations
* Sweepstakes creation and compliance
* Telemarketing and telesales, including state law, FTC law and emerging issues
* Text marketing and call-to-action texting
* Website terms, sales and operations
* Must be licensed and in good standing to practice law in New York.
* A Juris Doctorate from a nationally recognized law school is required.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Provide marketing and consumer law expertise to cross-functional stakeholders and legal colleagues.
* Experience in draft and negotiate in-bound and out-bound agreements with a variety of counterparties.
* Provide guidance and negotiate provisions contained in advertising, marketing and commercial agreements.
* Provide assistance to legal team as well as the privacy and security teams in connection with compliance matters for data and privacy laws and regulations, including GDPR, the California Consumer Privacy Act and other data protection, data retention, data security, and data breach reg
* 7+ years of direct marketing and consumer law experience required, some in-house experience preferred within a subscription based company.
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience drafting and negotiating complex agreements relating to in-bound and out-bound agreements.
* Direct experience advising internal stakeholders on a wide range of marketing and consumer law matters.
* Experience advising on privacy and data security law and compliance efforts, including the organization and coordination of privacy assessments, corporate policies and processes.
* In-depth knowledge of cutting edge IT, web, mobile and ad-tech ecosystems and their marketing and consumer law implications.
* Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal clients.
* Strong analytical capabilities and judgment.
* Ability to make decisions and pivot quickly and fluidly, thinking practically and be solution-oriented.
* A practical and proactive problem-solver who possesses strong business acumen and is confident, mature and calm under fire.
* Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word and PowerPoint).
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled