Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated and experienced team player to serve as Associate General Counsel on Facebook's product counseling team. The position will manage a team of lawyers and focus on providing strategic legal counseling to internal product, operations, and business teams in order to identify and mitigate global legal risk, primarily in connection with Facebook’s ads business. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
1. Analyze products, policies and initiatives to provide practical legal risk mitigation strategies for products across multiple jurisdictions
2. Provide product, engineering, policy, and other business teams with legal advice across many subject areas including consumer protection laws, data protection laws and regulations, international competition law frameworks, and industry self-regulatory regimes
3. Coordinate with public policy, sales, marketing and communications colleagues on external communication and policy development
4. Work cross functionally with attorneys from other legal teams such as privacy, regulatory, commercial, and litigation
5. Manage and mentor a team of lawyers also focused in this area
6. J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least one US state bar
7. 8+ years of legal experience, including at a law firm or in-house experience (applicable litigation, regulatory, privacy, or product counseling experience)
8. Experience working on multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment
9. Managerial experience
10. Proven problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills
11. Experience working with ad tech, advertising, or other Internet technologies
12. Experience advising clients on risk mitigation across technology product platforms
13. Experience in product counseling, and competition and data protection related international frameworks
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.