Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated, team player to serve as Associate General Counsel, Security for the North American Region. This person will join a small team of attorneys that handle user data disclosure and security issues in the United States and more broadly. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
1. Advise our user data disclosure operational teams on user data disclosure in response to criminal, civil, and regulatory legal process and data requests.
2. Develop and implement policies and practices that protect user data and prioritize user notice relating to legal process and requests seeking disclosure of user data.
3. Lead litigation efforts related to civil and criminal legal process, data requests, and user notice.
4. Collaborate with and support business partners (Policy, Communications, Community Operations, Product, Engineering, and others) on user data disclosure and security matters, including advising Policy on proposed legislation and advising Product on new product development.
5. J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least one U.S. state bar.
6. 8+ years of legal experience, including experience advising technology companies as in-house or outside counsel, managing/litigating civil or criminal cases, conducting internal or other investigations, and/or directly engaging with law enforcement agencies.
7. Experience with the U.S. law, including the Stored Communications Act, Wiretap Act, Pen Register/Trap and Trace Statute.
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.