To carry out the business strategies at the property to make it a successful and profitable asset. Oversees all facets of the day to day operation of the hotel.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Managing budgets and financial plans and controlling expenditure
* Maintaining statistical and financial records
* Setting and achieving sales and profit targets
* Recruiting, training, and monitoring staff
* Planning work schedules for individuals and teams
* Meeting and greeting customers
* Dealing with customer complaints and comments
* Addressing problems and troubleshooting
* Ensuring events and conferences run smoothly
* Supervising maintenance, supplies, renovations, and furnishings
* Dealing with contractors and suppliers
* Ensuring security is effective
* Carrying out inspections of property and services
* Ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety, and other statutory regulations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum of two years' experience as an Assistant General Manager at a limited service property. Hilton/Marriott experience highly preferred.
* Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality Management or Business preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
* Demonstrated ability to lead a team
* Excellent attention to detail
* Financial savvy
* Proficient in Microsoft Office products
* Commitment to Task: Demonstrates dependability and shows a sense of urgency about getting results; willing to commit the hours it takes to get the job completed; takes responsibility for actions and achieves results; overcomes obstacles.
* Communication Skills: Presents ideas, concepts, and information effectively and clearly through the spoken word; actively listens; communicates comfortably with various audiences; responds effectively to questions.
* Flexibility: Adapts and changes course of action when appropriate; effectively transitions from task to task; deals well with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; maintains objectives amidst shifting priorities.
* Initiative: Takes action proactively; addresses issues or opportunities without supervision; focuses on desired results and accomplishments; demonstrates clear purpose, enthusiasm, and a "can-do" attitude.
* Managing Execution: Manages multiple projects and effectively prioritizes tasks, responsibilities, and goals; uses goals to guide actions and creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks; utilizes resources effectively to meet goals.
* Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to accomplish business goals and objectives; asks others for their ideas and opinions; supports team's decisions; contributes to the team's efforts.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled