RelocationRelocation Benefits are not available for this position.
NoteEmployer will not sponsor visas for position
This program will allow recent college graduates to rotate through 6 different IT and IS positions within CITGO over a 2 year period. The program will be used to identify, assess and develop the organization’s talent pool for the future. This proactive position will provide the top talent within the organization a broader experience, which can be beneficial in future roles. It will also allow the recent college graduates to gain a better understanding of the different roles and the ‘big picture’, which can help with understanding how the organization operates. Employees in the program will be evaluated after each of the 6 different assigned positions is completed and overall at the end by managers and supervisors of each area.
College Degree (Bachelors Level) in Management Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Science.
Overall 3.0 GPA or above.
Demonstrated leadership skills (minimum of two examples such as: school club officer, sports team captain, resident advisor, etc. or exceptional leadership of work projects).
Work experiences in field of study preferred.
Resiliency and ability to adapt quickly.
Ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels in the corporation.
Motivation to reach higher levels within the company at an accelerated rate.
Must work well in a team setting.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
1. Assist in project work as directed by supervisor. This is a rotational position and job tasks may be unique to the area of the rotation. Create plans, provides estimated target dates and tracks project progress using CITGO standard development tools and procedures.
2. Develop technical skill sets, leadership skills, presentation skills, business area knowledge and independent thinking/decision making abilities on an ongoing basis. Stay abreast of technology innovation and its applicability to CITGO's business or solutions.
3. Perform change management tasks required to successfully transfer new functionality to business processes and to responsible users.
4. Enforce network security and information asset protection policies and procedures assisted by technology to protect CITGO information assets in accordance with the acceptable risk levels determined by information asset owners. With the goal to ensure CITGO network security infrastructure provides an effective level of protection consistent with acceptable risk levels.
5. Participate in the development of technical designs and implement (configure or code) software solutions to support business process improvements. Development may include custom programming using CITGO approved development tools and/or package software configuration.
6. Anticipate and investigate production system problems/questions ascertaining root cause and corrective action needed. Design, develop, test and implement corrective action.
7. Collaborate with cross functional and technical project team members. Plan and direct activities of team members when appropriate.
8. Initiate and encourage critical analysis of CITGO technical processes. Collaborate with industry groups. Participate in IT strategy development. Act as spokesperson for IT with CITGO management. Gain detailed knowledge of CITGO processes in specific areas of responsibility including interaction(s) with other business processes.