Golin is a progressive public relations agency with expertise ranging from brand-building and cutting edge digital content, to corporate reputation, healthcare advocacy and measurement. Golin aligns earn-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey, to deliver maximum impact for clients and reach a profoundly diverse global market. “Go All In” is the agency’s ethos and commitment to bravery over mediocrity. We Go All In, in everything we do. We’re especially committed to Go All In for our people.
Leave your practice work in the classroom. Around here, we put the theory into action. You’ll work to complete real assignments with Fortune 500 clients like Cisco, Adobe, Texas Instruments, Lexus, Samsung and the list goes on!
Golin is seeking an Associate, Explorer (Insights and Analytics) Freelancer to join our Dallas office. This is an awesome opportunity for anyone who loves to solve problems, make strategic recommendations, and consult on digital campaigns to join Golin and have an immediate impact.
Don’t have the technical skills? We can teach you. This role isn’t about knowing the back end setup of Facebook or having your Google Analytics Certification (though it’s awesome if you do!).It’s about connecting the dots between something you saw in Twitter Analytics, a social listening finding from Instagram, and a trend from your favorite brand on social - and applying this to a strategic recommendation for Golin clients.
From there, you have to sell it. In a lot of ways, the internal Golin team is both your ally and your client. You have to make them believe in the recommendations that you are making. This can take the form of a quick, but well-informed email, a meeting in the hallway, or a formal presentation deck with cool visualizations which help you tell your story. That’s why our ideal candidate not only has an interest in how social media campaigns tick, but at the core, is a great marketer and communicator.
What You'll Do:
Each day will be dynamic and full of strategic decisions, constantly changing priorities and creative discovery. You will be accountable to:
- Serve as a creative, analytical mind on the team to provide strategic recommendations for developing and improving digital and social media campaigns
- Use web and social media analytics platforms to measure campaign success and provide data-backed recommendations for optimization
- Serve as a data journalist by uncovering strategic findings and insights using a range of digital analytics techniques, such as social listening, to help support business objectives, advance storytelling, and drive engagement
- Work closely with senior manager to compile, synthesize and analyze data sets. As well as, assisting with report creation and presenting to the client.
- Understand client background and needs, including general business strategy, industry issues, products and services, key customers and competitors in the marketplace
- Understand social channels and identify emerging opportunities for a diverse client set
To Qualify You Must Possess at least 50% of the list:
- Coursework in some form of marketing analysis, journalism, PR, mathematics, statistics and/or social science is preferred
- Basic understanding of principles of communications and digital marketing
- Strong verbal and written communication, organizational and time-management
- Experience working with or interest in data visualization tools and creative ways to display information
- Keen eye for data trends and the ability to investigate and articulate factors that may account for these trends
- Show enthusiasm, passion and curiosity about digital and social analytics
- Possess critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Know how to prioritize and be adaptive to change
- Be highly motivated and eager to learn
- You must have your Bachelor’s degree
- Excel must be your best friend, or at least someone you wouldn’t mind sharing coffee with (aka: You must have knowledge and be comfortable working in Microsoft Office tools, specifically excel)
- You must be available to work a full-time schedule, Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m, for 6 months. Potential for contract to extend longer or to full-time, depending on performance
Golin is an equal opportunity employer, and we are very proud of our diverse culture and our people. EEO/AA.M/F/D/V